This tangy and sharp Instant Pot egg salad (or dip) is made with cheese, mayo and garlic and is inspired by a Ukrainian family recipe, often prepared for celebratory feasts and parties. Perfect for using up hard-boiled eggs, this recipe is gluten-free, keto and low-carb friendly.
Today’s recipe is not strictly for the Instant Pot, although we think it’s related and is a great one to bookmark for your collection. The main reasons we love it so much – besides that it’s really tasty – is that it’s a great way to use up hard-boiled eggs. We often make a batch of hard-boiled eggs using our Instant Pot, and this is a lovely egg salad or dip you can make for a party or to keep in the fridge for a snack or lunch. And come Easter time, this is going to be a fantastic dish to keep in mind.
ABOUT THIS INSTANT POT EGG SALAD
The original recipe comes from Ukrainian and Russian cuisines, and this is just one of the versions we love. It uses hard-boiled eggs, grated cheese such as Cheddar or Mozzarella, mayonnaise and a little garlic. It’s super simple but you will be surprised by how delicious it is. You can serve it on top of vegetable slices or sticks (as a dip), in lettuce cups (for a low-carb and keto version) or with your favourite crackers.
It’s also tasty as a sandwich or wrap filling and would be perfect for those kids lunchboxes. There are many ways to enjoy this Instant Pot egg and cheese salad dip, so give it a go and let us know what you think.
Below recipe provides Instant Pot instructions for making hard-boiled eggs but you can also cook them on the stove using your favourite method.
MORE INSTANT POT RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKEPrint
This tangy and sharp Instnat Pot egg and cheese salad is inspired by a Ukrainian family recipe, often prepared for celebratory feasts and parties. Great as a dip or salad, and perfect for using up leftover eggs! It’s keto and gluten-free.
- 8 large free-range chicken eggs
- 1 + 1/2 cup grated hard cheese, such as Cheddar or Mozzarella
- 2 large cloves of garlic, finely diced or grated
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (about 5–6 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon or yellow mustard (optional)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- To cook hard-boiled eggs in your Instant Pot, place a trivet on the bottom of the Instant Pot and add a cup of water. Place the eggs, carefully, on top of the trivet. Close and lock the lid and set the Instant Pot to Manual, HIGH pressure, 5 minutes. After 3 beeps the Instant Pot will start to build up the pressure and the cooking will begin.
- Once the cooking is finished, allow the Instant Pot to release the pressure naturally for 5 minutes, then use the quick release method to let off the remaining steam. Please note, that the eggs continue to cook during the natural release. Remove the eggs and place in a bowl with really cold water for a few minutes.
- To make the salad, peel the eggs and grate or finely dice into a mixing bowl. Reserve one egg yolk for garnishing later. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix through well. Serve right away or refrigerate until needed (for up to 3 days). I like to garnish with crumbled egg yolk, black pepper and some fresh parsley on top.
- Serve with veggies sticks or slices, with lettuce cups or your favourite crackers.
- Serving Size: 1/3 cup
- Calories: 238
- Sugar: 0.4 g
- Sodium: 350.3 mg
- Fat: 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 7.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.5 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 12.1 g
- Cholesterol: 214.4 mg
Keywords: Dips, Cheese, Mayonnaise, Appetizer