Instant Pot egg bites are easy to make and are super convenient for breakfast, lunch or as a snack. This recipe for cheesy jalapeño egg bites is by Kristy Bernardo from The Big Book Of Instant Pot Recipes. She often makes these bites for the family as they can be popped into the microwave for a quick weekday breaky. These egg bites and gluten-free and grain-free.
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT EGG BITES
The easiest way to make Instant Pot egg bites is by using silicone egg-bite molds, which usually come with 6 casings. The recipe below is for 6 egg bites, so you only need one mold. You can, however, stack two molds on top of each other if you want to make a bigger batch (simply double the ingredients).
Usually, you can measure out 1 large egg per 1 casing but you can add more. Please note that the mixture will grow while cooking. You can whisk all the eggs together with any other ingredients (cream, cheese, ham, veggies, mushrooms, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes) or you can add an egg in each casing and mix it with a fork.
Make sure to place a trivet inside the pot so that the mold doesn’t sit directly in water. Some molds have trivet like legs or edges that they can stand on, in which case you might not need a trivet.
General cooking time for egg bites in the Instant Pot is 10 minutes using the STEAM setting with 10 minutes natural pressure release.
CAN I FREEZE THE EGG BITES?
Cooked egg bites will last for 2-3 days in the fridge and can be frozen. Make sure to cool the egg bites completely before refrigerating or freezing. Wrap each bite in some plastic wrap and then freeze in a Ziploc bag or a container. You can reheat egg bites from frozen in a microwave or oven. Make sure to remove the plastic wrap and some people recommend to wrap them in a paper towel. Heat for 2 minutes on HIGH in the microwave or for 15-20 minutes in a hot oven.
MORE INSTANT POT BREAKFAST RECIPESPrint
These cheesy, jalapeno Instant Pot egg bites are perfect for weekday breakfast or as lunchbox additions. This recipe is grain-free, gluten-free, low-carb and keto-friendly.
6 large eggs
½ cup (115 g) full-fat cottage cheese
½ cup (60 g) Mexican-blend shredded cheese
1 jalapeño pepper, minced
1 green onion, minced
1 cup (237 ml) water
- In a high-powered blender, blend together all the ingredients except the water. You could also do this by hand in a mixing bowl.
- Pour the water into the Instant Pot and insert the steam trivet. Evenly divide the egg mixture among thewells of a six-bite egg mold. Carefully lower the mold onto the trivet.
- Secure the lid with the steam vent in the sealed position. Press steam and immediately adjust the timer to 10 minutes. Check that the display light is beneath high pressure.
- Once the timer sounds, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then quick release the pressure and carefully remove the lid.
- Carefully remove the eggs from themolds and serve immediately.
SAVE THESE EGG BITES RECIPE TO PINTEREST