You will love the simplicity of this rustic Instant Pot ground turkey and potato stew. It’s hearty and full of flavor, yet at the same time healthy and light. It’s gluten-free, Whole30-friendly and uses affordable staples. Perfect for a weeknight dinner and kids will love it, too!
This is one of those recipes that you will make and think how can something so simple taste so good. There are no robust or pungent flavors and the ingredients are pretty simple, but this country-style, rustic Instant Pot ground turkey stew is tasty and comforting.
It’s somewhere between a stew or a thick soup and you can enjoy it as is or with a side of crusty bread. It keeps well for a few days and is great for leftovers and freezing. This is a great 30-minute dinner the whole family will love.
HOW TO MAKE GROUND TURKEY STEW
What you will love about this turkey and potato stew is the simplicity. Besides ground turkey and potatoes, you will need a few other staples that go into every good stew: onions, celery and carrots. We’re also adding some diced tomatoes for acidity.
The flavors for this stew comes from rosemary and garlic, plus basic seasoning and a drizzle of olive oil.
You will find the video for how to cook this Instant Pot stew below and the full recipe and nutritional breakdown below.
MORE GROUND MEAT RECIPES USING THE INSTANT POT
- Turkey Chili With Kabocha Squash
- Turkey Meatballs In Japanese Gravy
- Multi-Purpose Tasty Taco Meat
- Keto Chicken Alfredo Meatballs
Rustic, countru-style Instant Pot ground turkey and potato stew is super simple to prepare and only takes 30 minutes from start to finish. Perfect for a weeknight dinner, kid-friendly.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, diced
1 medium carrot, diced roughly
1 celery rib, diced
1.1 lb / 500 g ground turkey
2 garlic cloves, roughly diced
1.1 lb / 500 g white potatoes, peeled and diced
1 teaspoon rosemary needles (2 sprigs or dried)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 large tomato, diced
1 cup chicken stock
- Turn the Instant Pot on and press the Saute function key to heat up.
- Saute the onions, carrots and celery in olive oil for 3-4 minutes. Add the ground turkey and stir through for a minute. Add the garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper and stir.
- Add the chicken stock and stir through with a spatula, making sure to scrape off any stuck meat from the bottom of the pot. The stock helps to deglaze the bottom. Press Cancel to stop the Saute process.
- Add the potatoes and tomatoes, stir through and pop the lid on top. Lock and make sure the top valve is set to Sealing. Set to Manual/Pressure, HIGH pressure and set to 4 minutes. The Instant Pot will start to build up the pressure after 3 beeps, this will take about 10 minutes.
- Once the timer is done, allow 5 minutes for natural pressure release (NPR) and then open the lid.
- Stir through and serve with fresh parsley on top.
- Weight Watchers SmartPoints 10 (Green). You can choose slightly leaner ground turkey for lower point result.
- White potatoes can be swapped with sweet potatoes.
SAVE THIS GROUND TURKEY RECIPE TO PINTEREST