This fresh and light Instant Pot pasta is a perfect example of how to enjoy Italian cuisine in a healthy way. Made with nutritious ingredients such as protein and calcium-rich ricotta, spinach and lemon, it’s a dish is that is both tasty and easy to prepare. Weight Watchers: 10 SmartPoints (if made with low-fat ricotta)
With the popularity of Whole30 and keto diets, traditional staples like pasta and rice often get shunned in favour of lower carbohydrate foods. However, these affordable staples can still make an appearance in a healthy meal plan. The key is to use a lot of nutritious ingredients and fresh produce with pasta and rice serving a delivery vehicle.
This Instant Pot pasta with ricotta, lemon and spinach is the kind of nutritious Italian dish that you can easily enjoy as part of a balanced, healthy diet. It’s got a lot of protein as well carbohydrates, healthy fats, vitamins and minerals in an easy and fast to prepare one-pot dish that the whole family will enjoy.
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT WITH SPINACH & RICOTTA
Find the full list of recipe ingredients and instructions below but here are some handy step-by-step pics.
- Step 1. Combine ingredients and stock in the pot.
- Step 2. Pressure cook on HIGH for 3 minutes with quick release.
- Step 3. Stir in ricotta, Parmesan, lemon and extra fresh tomatoes.
MORE INSTANT POT PASTA RECIPES
- Simple Spinach, Parmesan & Lemon Orzo
- Chicken Ham & Vegetable Pasta
- Meatballs & Spaghetti
- Cheeseburger Pasta
- Vegan Mac'n'Cheese With Artichokes
- Find all of our Instant pot pasta recipes here
Rate This Recipe
Instant Pot Pasta With Ricotta, Lemon and Spinach
For cooking pasta
- 10 oz. spiral pasta we used tri-colour pasta like this 300 g
- 4 cups water 1 liter
- ¼ cup defrosted spinach tightly packed OR 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- Zest of ½ lemon
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cherry tomatoes cut into quarters
For finishing the pasta
- Zest of ½ lemon
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 garlic clove finely diced or grated
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil omit for Weight Watchers
- ½ cup ricotta cheese low-fat for Weight Watchers
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- A few mint leaves or basil leaves chopped or sliced
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes halved or quartered
- Turn the Instant Pot on and add the cooking pasta ingredients inside. Stir through and pop the lid on top. Lock it and set to Manual, HIGH, for 3 minutes. Make sure the top valve is pointing to Sealing. After 3 beeps, the Instant Pot will start to build up the pressure and cooking will commence.
- Once the timer goes off, use the quick release to let off the pressure and steam. If you leave it in the pot under pressure, the pasta will keep cooking so you should quick release it as soon as possible.
- Open the lid. If there is any excess liquid, strain it while holding the pasta back. Add the finishing ingredients, including the ricotta and Parmesan cheese, and stir through. Serve with extra fresh herbs and a side salad.