Perfect for families and big groups, this Instant Pot corn on the cob recipe comes with a spectacular flavour twist. Smothered in Cajun butter and lime juice, sweet corn takes on a whole new meaning.
There is nothing like freshly cooked corn on the cob and smothered in butter and sea salt. It’s popular with children and adults alike, in the summer and in the winter, at home and out at a beach BBQ.
Today we want to share a very special Instant Pot corn on the cob recipe, which will take your love for fresh corn to the next level. This recipe is vegetarian and gluten-free and would make a great side dish.
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT CORN ON THE COB
Cooking corn on the cob in a pressure cooker is the easiest thing ever. It’s very quick (3 minutes on HIGH pressure), it won’t steam up your kitchen in the summer, and you can finish making the delicious Cajun butter directly in the pot. Plus, you can make a large batch of corn at the same time, so it’s great for when you need to cater for a larger group gathering.
What makes this corn on the cob recipe extra special is the Cajun butter, which is flavoured with garlic, sea salt and delicious herbs and spices. It’s very flavoursome and has a little kick without being too spicy. Even kids will love it!
Tip: if you don’t the listed herbs and spices hand, you can easily buy a pre-made cajun spice blend. It’s great on chicken, shrimp, or fish too. We love this brand.
I like to serve this corn with a side of fresh lime and cilantro. If you have leftovers, simply refrigerate for a few days. You can then reheat the corn on the cob or slice of the kernels to add to a salad, soup or even scrambled eggs.
To make it vegan or dairy-free friendly, use 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil instead of butter.
MORE INSTANT POT SIDE DISHES
Instant Pot Green Beans With Butter & Pepper
Collard Greens With Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Potato Salad With Tangy Vinaigrette
Instant Pot Mexican Bean Salad
Pressure-cooked Chickpeas With Salsa VerdePrint
Instant Pot Corn On The Cob With Cajun Butter
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Side
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Perfect for families and big groups, this Instant Pot corn on the cob recipe comes with a spectacular flavor twist. Smothered in Cajun butter and lime juice, sweet corn takes on a whole new meaning.
- 6 medium cobs of fresh corn (husk peeled)
- 1 cup of water
- 1.5 oz / 50 grams / 3.5 tbsp of unsalted butter (salted is also fine but adjust the added salt)
- 1 large garlic clove, finely diced
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoon of paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder or cayenne powder
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano or thyme (mixed is even better)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Generous pinch of pepper
- 1 lime, quartered
- Fresh cilantro/coriander, to serve
- Cut the corn cobs in half and place in the pressure cooker pot, standing up. This way, you can fit more corn in the pot, without overcrowding. This also leaves more space between the corn for the steam to get in.
- Add a cup of water to the pot. Place and lock the lid, make sure the steam releasing handle is pointing to Sealing. Press Manual (High Pressure) and adjust to 2 minutes. After 3 beeps the pressure cooker will start going.
- Once the timer goes off, allow the pressure to release for 2-3 minutes and then use the quick release method before opening the lid.
- Strain the corn into a large sieve and place the pot back inside the pressure cooker. Turn the Sauté function key and after about a minute, once it starts to heat up, add the butter, garlic and spices. Stir for 20-30 seconds for the garlic to cook off slightly. Turn the heat off. Remove the inner pot with the butter and add back the cooked corn cobs. The easiest way to stir the corn cobs through the butter and spices is to place a lid or a large plate over the top of the pot, and then using a towel, lift the pot and give it a good shake, turning it upside down a few times. This way, the corn cobs can move around the pot and get coated with the butter more evenly.
- Serve the corn on a large plate, with any remaining butter and seasoning scooped out and spread over the top. Add fresh lime and cilantro, to serve with.
- Serving Size: 1 ear of corn with butter
- Calories: 155
- Sugar: 6.6 g
- Sodium: 411.4 mg
- Fat: 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 20.8 g
- Fiber: 2.5 g
- Protein: 3.6 g
- Cholesterol: 17.9 mg
Keywords: Family-friendly, barbecue, picnic, summer
SAVE THIS CORN ON THE COB RECIPE TO Pinterest
COMMENT OR RATE THIS RECIPE
Got questions or feedback? Leave a comment. Made the recipe? Please leave a rating as it helps other readers to discover this dish. Your name and email are required to avoid spam comments; they are never used for any purpose or shared with third parties.