Quick and easy Instant Pot chicken noodle soup that can be on the table in 30 minutes? Yes, please! We love nutritious and healthy meals the whole family can enjoy and that don’t take much effort and this chicken soup is one of those recipes. We hope you enjoy it! For Weight Watchers: 8 SmartPoints per serving.
Who doesn’t love a good chicken noodle soup? It’s a family-friendly dish loved by kids and grownups and it’s one of those classic comfort meals that make even the coldest, rainiest of days seem a little warmer and brighter.
There are many health benefits too. Chicken noodle soup is great for boosting immunity and fighting colds and flu, even if some of those effects are placebo-based. Let’s face it, a good chicken soup just makes everything better.
Our recipe uses nutritious chicken bone broth, egg noodles and lots of veggies. It’s super easy to make and should only take about 30 minutes using the Instant Pot. If you don’t have a pressure cooker, follow our stovetop instructions instead.
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP (VIDEO)
You will find the full list of ingredients, instructions and nutritional breakdown in the recipe card below. Watch this video to see just how easy it is to make this delicious chicken noodle soup in the Instant Pot.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS SOUP
Chicken stock: for the most nourishing soup, we recommend that you use chicken bone broth rather than plain chicken stock. Of course, either will work but you’ll be getting more nutrients from the bone broth. You can make your own Instant Pot chicken broth (freeze it or store in the fridge for 4-5 days) or use readily-available chicken bone broth (we love Kettle & Fire brand, you can get 15% off with this coupon code ‘cravecollective’).
Noodles: we used Asian dried egg noodles but you can use egg pasta of any shape you like. Check the cooking times on the packet and adjust as needed.
Stovetop: Repeat the first few steps in a pot over medium heat on the stove. Once the chicken and broth are added, bring to a boil and reduce the heat down to simmer (low-medium). Cook with the lid on for 25-30 minutes. Then bring back to a boil and add the noodles, cook for as long as stated on the pack. To speed up the process, cook the noodles in parallel with the soup in another pot. Then rinse and add to the soup at the end. Top with fresh herbs and lemon juice.
MORE INSTANT POT SOUP RECIPES
- Beef & Vegetable Soup In Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Hearty Italian Zuppa Toscana
- Instant Pot Udon Noodle Soup
Make this chicken noodle soup in Instant Pot in 30 minutes for a family-friednly, nutritiou dinner. Using long Asian egg noodles, chicken bone broth and thinly diced chicken, this meal takes very little time and can also be made on the stovetop.
- Dice up the vegetables, garlic, ginger and chicken and set aside.
- Turn the Instant Pot on and press the Sauté function. Once heated, add the olive oil, onions, carrot, celery and zucchini. Season with salt. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring a few times until slightly translucent.
- Add garlic and ginger, thyme, bay leaf, turmeric and pepper. Stir through, then add the chicken and stir through. Press Cancel to stop the Sauté function.
- Add the chicken broth and stir through. Pop and lock the lid, making sure the top valve is pointing to Sealing. Press Manual/Pressure Cook, HIGH pressure and set to 5 minutes. The Instant Pot will take about 7-10 minutes to build up the pressure and the timer will begin. Note, the soup will start to cook during the pressure build up.
- While the soup is cooking, prepare fresh herbs, scallions and egg noodles.
- Once the timer goes off, allow a couple of minutes for natural pressure release. Press Cancel, then change the setting to Sauté function again.
- Add the noodles and cook for 4-5 minutes or as long as recommended on the pack. Have a taste to make sure the noodles are cooked.
- Season with more salt if needed and add the lemon or lime juice. Finish the soup by adding the fresh herbs and scallions.
- Stovetop: Repeat the first few steps in a pot over medium heat on the stove. Once the chicken and broth are added, bring to a boil and reduce the heat down to simmer (low-medium). Cook with the lid on for 25-30 minutes. Then bring back to a boil and add the noodles, cook for as long as stated on the pack. To speed up the process, cook the noodles in parallel with the soup in another pot. Then rinse and add to the soup at the end. Top with fresh herbs and lemon juice.
For Weight Watchers: 8 SmartPoints per serving.
We used 350 grams of chicken meat in our video but you can use 450-500 (1 lb), depending on how much protein you want or have on hand. The soup will work with less or more chicken.
To speed up the process, cook the noodles in parallel with the soup in another pot on the stove. Strain and add to the soup at the end.
For ready-made chicken bone broth, we love Kettle & Fire options here. You can get 15% off using a coupon code ‘cravecollective‘ at check out.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 328
- Sugar: 4.7 g
- Sodium: 1825.7 mg
- Fat: 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 37.5 g
- Fiber: 2.8 g
- Protein: 28.6 g
- Cholesterol: 72.7 mg
SAVE THIS CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP TO PINTEREST