This nutritious Instant Pot beef vegetable Soup is filled with hearty ingredients and will keep you cozy and warm until the end of winter. This recipe is Whole30 and gluten-free friendly.
When it comes to cool weather, comforting and nutritious soup is still a must. When it’s cold you just don’t feel like doing much, especially planning out a whole dinner menu for the family. This thick stew-like hearty Instant Pot beef and vegetable soup will keep everyone full with only the good stuff.
What’s great about soup is you can make a large batch and serve for several meals thereafter. Makes life so much simpler with fewer decisions you have to make with an already hectic schedule. When you’re busy it’s easy to go with fast food that isn’t healthy. Setting aside a little time to make this soup is a great meal prepping plan for the rest of the week to have a nutritious meal ready to be heated up.
This vegetable beef soup is Whole30 and gluten-free friendly. You can even replace white potatoes with sweet potatoes. The recipe is best suited to a 6-quart and an 8-quart Instant Pots but you could half the ingredients for a smaller batch in case you need to.
Get inspired with the more Instant Pot soup recipes here.Print
Instant Pot Beef & Vegetable Soup
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: European
This Instant Pot beef and vegetable soup has a thick, stew-like consistency. The recipe is best suited to a 6-quart and an 8-quart Instant Pots but you could half the ingredients for a smaller batch.
Cooking Part 1
About 1.5 lb / 700 g diced beef (such as chuck or another stewing steak)
4 cups water (or beef broth)
1 cube beef stock (if using water)
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 bay leaves
Cooking Part 2
1 onion, diced
1 celery stalk, sliced
2 carrots, sliced
4 potatoes, diced into cubes
1 medium zucchini, diced into cubes
1 cup frozen peas
1 vegetable stock cube or broth
1 tbsp soy sauce (coconut aminos for a Whole30 version)
2 tbsp tomato paste
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp mixed dried herbs (Italian herbs)
½ teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
4 more cups of water
Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Salt, pepper to taste
- Part 1. Turn the Instant Pot on. Add the diced beef, 4 cups of water, one beef stock cube, garlic and bay leaves. Press Manual (Pressure Level on newer models), make sure the pressure is set to HIGH and adjust the timer to 20 minutes. While cooking, prepare Part 2 ingredients.
- Once the cooking stops, release the pressure naturally for 5 minutes, then do a quick release and open the lid.
- Part 2. Add the ingredients from Part 2, including 4 more cups of water (or more if needed to just cover the ingredients). Stir and set to Manual, HIGH pressure for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, release the pressure naturally or use the quick release method (up to you).
- Finally, taste for salt and pepper and garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 365
- Sugar: 7.6 g
- Sodium: 553.7 mg
- Fat: 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 39.8 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 38.6 g
- Cholesterol: 82.6 mg
Keywords: Stew, Potatoes, Chuck Steak
SAVE THIS BEEF & VEGETABLE SOUP TO PINTEREST
COMMENT OR RATE THIS RECIPE
Got questions or feedback? Leave a comment. Made the recipe? Please leave a rating as it helps other readers to discover this dish. Your name and email are required to avoid spam comments; they are never used for any purpose or shared with third parties.