Simple, yet delicious, this recipe for Instant Pot Air Fryer Rosemary Potatoes is a trusty side dish that works as well on weeknights as it does for a special occasion. You can serve rosemary roasted potatoes with pretty much anything from meat to fish or vegan sausages. This recipe can be done with Instant Pot + Air Fryer lid, Instant Pot Duo Crisp or adapted for another model.
INSTANT POT AIR FRYER ROSEMARY POTATOES
Golden, crispy roast potatoes are favorite for a Christmas dinner or Sunday roast.
Using the Instant Pot with air fryer lid or Instant Pot Duo Crisp (or any other air fryer model) gives you perfectly roasted, crispy potatoes quickly without heating up the kitchen. And, infusing them with rosemary takes them to the next level.
These rosemary roasted potatoes are lovely on weeknights and perfect for the holidays. You can use rosemary or any other hardy herbs like thyme or sage. This side dish is gluten-free, vegan-friendly and Whole30 compliant and they go with so many things. Simply put, you can’t go wrong with these air fryer potatoes!
Just about anything! Any roast meat, poultry or fish will shine when accompanies by these potatoes. You can pair them with sausages or grilled steak, a vegetarian protein or fried eggs for brunch or use them in a breakfast hash. Leftovers can be chopped into a salad or added to a breakfast wrap.
They are great on their own, too, and you can load them up with sour cream, chives, grated Parmesan, crispy bacon, dill or parsley, sea salt or paprika. A side dish of aioli, pesto or good ketchup is great too.
INGREDIENTS FOR ROSEMARY ROASTED POTATOES
Here is what you need to make this super simple side dish.
- Potatoes: You can use absolutely any potatoes here. If you’re using small white potatoes, cut them in halves. We like to leave the skin on for lovely texture and extra crunch.
- Herbs: Fresh rosemary off the sprig is amazing and so aromatic but you can definitely use dried herbs here as well. In fact, dried or fresh thyme or sage will also work and you can do a mixture of herbs.
- Seasonings: Keeping these simple with salt, pepper and a little garlic powder. A little coating of olive oil gives potatoes extra crispiness but isn’t essential.
Step 1. Wash and pat dry the potatoes. Cut them into thin wedges or cubes, and leave the skin on.
Step 2. Roughly chop rosemary needles, and remove the hard stem.
Step 3. Toss potato wedges with rosemary, seasonings and olive oil. Use your hands to coat everything evenly.
Step 5. Insert the air fryer basket into the Instant Pot.
Step 4. Transfer seasoned coated potatoes into the air fryer basket. Secure and lock the lid.
Step 5. Set to Air Fry mode at 204 C / 399 F for 20 minutes. The lid will take about 2 minutes to heat up.
Step 6. Turn potatoes over or stir around after 10 minutes and again 5 minutes before finish time. If the Burn Food error appears, reduce the heat by a few degrees to 200 C / 392 or so. Serve right away while hot!
Cool cooked potatoes and get them in the fridge within two hours. Refrigerate in a shallow airtight container or resealable bags for 3-4 days max.
You can eat leftover roasted potatoes cold – add them to a salad for lunch – or reheat them until piping hot in the oven, microwave, frying pan, grill or air fryer. They’re great with eggs for breakfast, can be added to a stew or casserole, re-roasted and loaded with grilled cheese or crispy bacon.
Instant Pot Air Fryer Rosemary Potatoes
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: British
- Diet: Vegan
Crispy roast potatoes are always a winning side dish. With this easy recipe for Instant Pot Air Fryer Rosemary Potatoes, there is no need to parboil the potatoes first! They’re chucked straight into the air fryer basket with fragrant rosemary and a few simple seasonings for a tasty side dish without the fuss. Serve these roasted rosemary potatoes with just about anything!
2 lb / 900 g potatoes, washed and pat-dried, cut into thin wedges or cubes
3 sprigs of rosemary, needles pulled off and roughly chopped
1.5 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Wash and pat dry potatoes. Cut them into thin wedges or cubes.
- Roughly chop rosemary needles, and remove the hard stem.
- Toss potato wedges with rosemary, seasonings and olive oil. Use your hands to coat everything evenly.
- Insert the air fryer basket into the Instant Pot. Transfer seasoned coated potatoes into the air fryer basket.
- Secure and lock the lid. Set to Air Fry mode at 204 C / 399 F for 20 minutes.
- Turn potatoes over or stir around after 10 minutes and again 5 minutes before finish time. If the Burn Food error appears, reduce the heat by a few degrees to 200 C / 392 or so.
- Serve right away while hot and crispy!
Thyme or sage would work well in place of rosemary.
You can use a 6-quart Instant Pot with an additional Air Fryer lid, basket and broil tray OR the Instant Pot Duo Crisp + Air Fryer model (which is what we used). Feel free to adapt our recipe to your own air fryer model.
- Serving Size: 5 oz / 150 g of roasted potatoes
- Calories: 138
- Sugar: 1.8 g
- Sodium: 412.4 mg
- Fat: 3.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 24.5 g
- Protein: 2.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Loved this! I didn’t want the same old mashed potatoes that I keep doing, because it’s easy, so I tried this recipe. I used my air fryer instead of the instant pot air-fryer, since that’s what I have. It was a hit! I will definitely be putting this into the rotation!
That’s great, Adrea. And great to know it worked with a different air fryer model 🙂