- 1 + 1/2 cups of uncooked brown rice (rinsed well)
- 1 + 1/2 cups water
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (use Tamari for gluten-free version)
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 scallion/spring onion, chopped
For the chicken
- 4 chicken thighs (with or without skin)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce, like this one (check the label for gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
- To serve: fresh cilantro/coriander, grated carrot, shredded red cabbage, red peppers or any other salad vegetables, chopped scallions. Extra lime and sweet chilli sauce.
- Add the rinsed brown rice, water, stock cube (break it up), soy sauce and fish sauce to the inner pot and mix through.
- Place the chicken pieces (lightly sprinkled with salt) gently on top but don’t push them in too dip. Sprinkle with scallions all over the rice and chicken.
- Mix the ginger, garlic, sweet chilli sauce, fish sauce, lime juice and sesame oil in a small bowl. Scoop and spread the mixture over the chicken pieces. It’s okay if some of it ends up in the rice, as it will all get flavoured together.
- Close and lock the lid, making sure the steam valve is pointing to Sealing. Set the Instant Pot to Manual, HIGH pressure, 15 minutes. After 3 beeps, the Instant Pot will begin the pressure building and cooking process. Once done, allow the pressure to release naturally until the lid opens easily. You can quick release the pressure manually too, we suggest to do so after about 5 minutes.
- To serve, dish out the rice in bowls and top with the chicken pieces. Assemble the salad with scallions and fresh cilantro in the bowls and serve with extra lime and sweet chilli sauce.