Hearty and nutritious, this Instant Pot chili is made with ground beef and chorizo minus the beans, making this recipe paleo and Whole30-friendly. Enjoy with a side of cauliflower rice, veggies or regular rice or quinoa, avocado and extra cilantro. a
1.5 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil
1 large onion, roughly chopped
1 medium carrot, peeled and diced into small cubes
1 celery stick, diced into small cubes
7 oz / 200 g chorizo sausage, peeled and diced
1 long red chilli, finely diced
2.2 lb / 1 kg ground beef (grass-fed, if possible)
3 cloves garlic, finely diced
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons ground coriander seed
2 cups canned chopped tomatoes (about 400 g)
4 tablespoons tomato paste
1 tablespoon Tamari or soy sauce (coconut aminos for those on Whole30/paleo)
1.5 teaspoons salt
2 bay leaves
Optional sides: pan-fried zucchini or cooked white rice, chopped avocado and cilantro.
- Turn the Instant Pot on and press the Sauté function key (it should say High, 30 mins). Add the oil, onion, carrot, celery, chorizo and chili and cook together for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the beef, garlic, spices and stir. Add the tinned tomatoes and paste and stir. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir together. Press Keep Warm/Cancel.
- Place and lock the lid, make sure the steam releasing handle is pointing to Sealing. Press MANUAL (High Pressure) and set to 15 minutes. After 3 beeps the pressure cooker will start going.
- Once the time is up, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then use the quick release to let off the rest of the steam.
- If storing in the freezer, make sure to cool down the chili first.