This tangy and sharp egg and cheese salad is inspired by a Ukrainian family recipe, often prepared for celebratory feasts and parties. Great as a dip or salad, and perfect for using up leftover eggs!
- 8 large free-range chicken eggs
- 1 + 1/2 cup grated hard cheese, such as Cheddar or Mozzarella
- 2 large cloves of garlic, finely diced or grated
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (about 5–6 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon or yellow mustard (optional)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- To cook hard-boiled eggs in your Instant Pot, place a trivet on the bottom of the Instant Pot and add a cup of water. Place the eggs, carefully, on top of the trivet. Close and lock the lid and set the Instant Pot to Manual, HIGH pressure, 5 minutes. After 3 beeps the Instant Pot will start to build up the pressure and the cooking will begin.
- Once the cooking is finished, allow the Instant Pot to release the pressure naturally for 5 minutes, then use the quick release method to let off the remaining steam. Please note, that the eggs continue to cook during the natural release. Remove the eggs and place in a bowl with really cold water for a few minutes.
- To make the salad, peel the eggs and grate or finely dice into a mixing bowl. Reserve one egg yolk for garnishing later. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix through well. Serve right away or refrigerate until needed (for up to 3 days). I like to garnish with crumbled egg yolk, black pepper and some fresh parsley on top.
- Serve with veggies sticks or slices, with lettuce cups or your favourite crackers.
Keywords: Egg Salad Spread Ukraine Appetizer Left-over Boiled Eggs