This Italian-inspired Instant Pot vegetable soup is something you would find at a farmhouse. It’s full of veggies and is gluten-free and vegan vegetable soup. This meal is bursting with falvours and nutrients.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 long red chilli, sliced
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, halved lengthways and sliced
- 6 large button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- A handful of dried porcini mushrooms (forest mushrooms, optional)
- 3–4 oz. / 100 grams cavolo nero/kale leaves (a medium bunch of kale), leaves removed from the hard stems and sliced roughly
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 cup tinned chopped tomatoes or tomato passata
- 1 litre (4 cups) vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- Lemon zest and chopped parsley for garnish
- Turn the Instant Pot on and press Sauté function key, the pot will start to heat up.
- Add coconut oil, onion, salt, celery and carrots and stir through. Cook for about a minute or two, while slicing the mushrooms.
- Add the chilli, mushrooms, garlic, and dried porcini mushrooms and stir through. Cook for 2 minutes on Sauté, while preparing cavolo nero/kale leaves and zucchini.
- Add the kale, zucchini, tomatoes, stock and bay leave and stir through. Press the OFF function key. Close and lock the lid of the Instant Pot. Check that the lid knob is turned to Sealing. Press Manual key, High Pressure, and set to 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, allow the pressure to release naturally for a couple of minutes and then use the quick release method to let the rest of the steam out. Serve in bowls with grated lemon zest and chopped parsley on top.
- If you eat dairy, feel free to grate some Parmesan cheese over the top.