This gorgeous Instant Pot zucchini recipe is perfect for hot summer evenings or when you simply don’t have the energy or will to turn up the stove. It’s light, healthy and only takes 10 minutes of your time. Plus, it gives that Sauté key function a new purpose! Gluten-free, low-carb friendly.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely diced
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large zucchini, spiralized or peeled into noodle ribbons
- Juice of 1/3 lemon
- 1 tablespoon finely sliced mint (5–6 mint leaves)
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan or Pecorino cheese
- Cracked black pepper
- I recommend to prepare all ingredients before you start cooking as that part takes no time at all and you’ll have to move pretty fast.
- Once all your ingredients are ready, press the Sauté function key on your Instant Pot and let the pot heat up for 1-2 minutes. Add the olive oil, garlic, lemon zest and salt and stir for 30 seconds, until just turning golden brown and fragrant.
- Now add the zucchini noodles and drizzled with lemon juice. Stir through the olive oil with garlic and lemon zest for 20-30 seconds. The idea is to coat the noodles with the flavoured oil and to heat them up slightly but NOT to actually cook them. If you cook them for too long, they will turn into a soggy, watery mess.
- Once you’ve warmed up the noodles, sprinkle the mint and Parmesan over the top and stir through. Serve straight away.
- Serving Size: 1 zucchini worth of noodles
- Calories: 225
- Sugar: 8.3 g
- Sodium: 778.3 mg
- Fat: 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.4 g
- Fiber: 3.6 g
- Protein: 8.1 g
- Cholesterol: 7.2 mg