These Instant Pot beef brisket tacos won’t disappoint, and the meat itself is versatile to use for different types of leftover dishes. The meat is tender and slightly spicy, bursting with umami flavour. Shredded slaw, jalapeños, cilantro, and zingy lime make for the perfect crunchy toppings, bringing together that awesome Vietnamese street food vibe right to your dinner table.
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 heaping tablespoon minced, fresh ginger
- 1 (2- to 2½-pound) brisket, at room temperature
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup hoisin sauce (store-bought, we like this brand)
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha or other hot sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 2 cups rainbow coleslaw mix
- 1 cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar (regular vinegar could also be used)
- ½ lime, juiced
- Tortillas, warmed, for serving
- Turn on the Sauté function. Add the sesame oil followed by the onion. Sauté for 1 minute,
- add the garlic and ginger, and sauté for 2 more minutes. Turn off the Sauté function.
- Season the brisket with salt and pepper on both sides and add to the pot. Top with the hoisin sauce, fish sauce, sriracha, and water. Secure the lid.
- Cook at high pressure for 1 hour and use a natural release for 10 minutes followed by a quick release.
- In a medium bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, cucumber, jalapeño, cilantro, rice vinegar, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper and toss together.
- Once the pressure has released, remove the brisket to a cutting board and let rest.
- Turn on the Sauté function and boil the sauce for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Turn off the Sauté function. Slice the brisket into thin pieces against the grain, discarding any large pieces of fat. Return to the sauce.
- Top warmed tortillas with sauce-coated brisket and slaw and serve.
Keywords: Vietnamese Beef Brisket Tacos Garlic Ginger Sesame Meat Carnivore Fish Sauce Hoisin Siracha