The ultimate comfort food, this Instant Pot vegetable stew is made with loads of veg and delicious broth with herbs and spices. It’s thick, hearty and is vegan and gluten-free friendly.
- Pre-dice the vegetables and set them aside.
- Turn the Instant Pot on and set it to Sauté. Once heated, add the olive oil, onions and half a teaspoon of salt. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then add the garlic, dried porcini mushrooms and stir.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and stir. Now add all final ingredients listed in the cooking stage and stir through. Press Cancel to stop the Sauté.
- Pop and close the lid and point the top valve to Sealing. Press Manual/Pressure Cook, HIGH pressure and adjust the time to 5 minutes. After 3 beeps, the Instant Pot will start to build up the pressure, which will take 10-12 minutes for this amount of food inside, and then the timer will start.
- Once the timer finishes, allow for 8-10 minutes natural release. Then, use the quick release method by pointing the valve to Venting to let off the rest of the steam.
- Mix the tapioca flour with water in a small bowl. Open the Instant Pot lid and stir in the tapioca slurry mixture. Stir through, you should see the sauce thicken slightly. Now, taste the stew and add more salt or pepper if you like. You can also add a little drizzle of lemon juice.
- Serve the stew topped with fresh parsley and lemon zest, also known as gremolata.
- STOVETOP INSTRUCTIONS: Preheat a large stew pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil, onions and salt and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring a few times. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir through. Pop the lid on top and cook over medium heat for 40-45 minutes until potatoes are nice and soft. Stir a few times and check the heat, it should not be boiling but rather simmering or bubbling away. Finish the stew same as above.
See a few suggested modifications under How To Make Instant Pot Vegetable Stew above the recipe, plus check out the how-to video.