This incredible vegan Instant Pot risotto is full of green vegetables like kale, green beans, zucchini and celery and is creamy and velvety without using butter or cheese.
- Turn the Instant Pot on and press the Sauté function. Add the onions, celery, olive oil and salt and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the rest of the cooking risotto ingredients and stir through. Cancel the Sauté function and set to Pressure Cook/Manual for 5 minutes. After 3 beeps, the Instant Pot will start to build up the pressure. Once cooking finishes, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes and then use the quick release (QR). Please note, don’t let the pressure release naturally for more than 5-7 minutes as the risotto keeps cooking during this time and will over-soften.
- While the risotto is cooking, prepare the finishing touches. Set aside lemon zest, lemon juice, nutritional yeast and miso paste. Stir these into the risotto once it’s cooked.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan and grill or pan-fry the zucchini halves or slices for 2-3 minutes over medium-high heat, until golden brown. Once you turn the zucchini over, move them aside slightly and add another tablespoon of olive oil and the garlic slices. Spread them around and cook for 1 minute on each side until just golden brown. Make sure to not burn them. You can also fry the garlic in a separate smaller pan or a a pot. Keep an eye on them the whole time.
- Serve the risotto with extra grilled zucchini and fried garlic on top. Sprinkle with parsley and extra nutritional yeast flakes.
Other toppings: ready-made fried garlic and fried shallots from Asian grocers can be used instead of frying the garlic. They add a lovely crunch and flavor.
Keywords: Rice, Risotto, Pressure Cooker