This hearty and delicious Instant Pot vegan bolognese recipe is made with lentils and mushrooms in a rich sauce. Perfect for a plant-based dinner, it can be served over pasta, rice, quinoa, polenta ot veggie noodles. Can be gluten-free with one small adjustment.
- Pre-soak the lentils for 15-20 minutes and rinse and set aside.
- Dice the mushrooms very finely, ideally using a food processor. Set aside.
- Turn the Instant Pot on and press the Sauté button. Add the olive oil, onions, carrot, celery and salt and cook for 7-8 minutes, stirring a couple of times.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir. Press Cancel to stop the sauteeing.
- Pop and lock the lid and press Manual/Pressure Cook button, HIGH pressure, adjust to 12 minutes. Cook your preferred side (pasta, rice, polenta) in the meantime.
- Once the timer finishes, follow with natural pressure release.
- Open the lid and stir through before serving over pasta, rice, polenta or quinoa.
You can serve this sauce over pasta or any other side with a few chili flakes and parsley on top. We like to sprinle some nutritional yeast flakes or you can also grated some vegan-friendly cheese.
Keywords: Vegan, Gluten-Free