- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely diced
- 1 celery stick, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 long green chile pepper such as jalapeño, sliced (seeds left in)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1.5 lb / 700 g ground turkey or turkey steaks (finely diced)
- 1 lb / 500-600 g kabocha squash or other sweet winter squash, peeled and diced into small cubes (about 1/2 of medium kabocha squash/Jap pumpkin)
- 2 cups drained canned white beans/cannellini beans (see notes on pre-cooking dried beans)
- 2 cubes of chicken stock (we used organic Kallo brand)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander seed
- 1 can / 400 ml of full-fat coconut milk (canned coconut milk that is 50-60% coconut, not the diluted drink)
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- To serve: fresh cilantro, scallions and chopped pickled jalapeños, extra lime, grated cheese (optional)
- Press the Sauté key on the Instant Pot (it should say Normal, 30 mins). Add the olive oil, onions, celery and salt. Sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring a few times.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except for lime juice and garnishes and stir through. Press Keep Warm/Cancel button to stop the sautéing.
- Press the Poultry button, it should say 15 mins. After 3 beeps, the IP will start building up the pressure and start the cooking process. Once the cooking finishes, allow natural release for about 10 minutes, then use the quick release the let off the rest of the steam.
- Carefully open the lid. Add the lime juice and stir through really well. Taste for salt. If needed, you can press the Sauté key again and cook the chili for 5-7 more minutes with the lid off, stirring a few times, as a way to thicken the sauce slightly.
- Serve this chili over cooked white or brown rice with freshly chopped cilantro, scallions, and pickled jalapeños. Grated cheese can also be added over the top.