Learn how to make a budget-friendly Instant Pot Tortellini with Italian sausage in a creamy Alfredo sauce. At $2.61 per serve, this one-pot pasta dish will satisfy the whole family.
1 tbsp (15 ml) canola oil
1 small onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb (455 g) ground Italian sausage
1 (14.5-oz [429-ml]) can chicken broth
1 (20-oz [567-g]) package frozen cheese tortellini
1 tsp salt
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
¾ cup (175 ml) heavy cream
4 oz (115 g) cream cheese, diced, softened
1 cup (100 g) grated Parmesan cheese
3 cups (90 g) baby spinach
- Turn the pot to Sauté mode on HIGH until the screen says HOT Add the oil, then the onion and garlic, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until just softened. Add the sausage and cook for 7-10 minutes, or until no longer pink. Press Cancel to stop the Sauté mode.
- Stir in the broth, tortellini, salt and pepper.
- Secure and lock the lid. On Duo model, make sure the steam release handle is pointing to Sealing.
- Select Manual/Pressure Cook function and adjust the timer to 5 minutes, on HIGH pressure. After 3 beeps, the ON sign will come indicating that the Instant Pot is preheating and building up the pressure, this will take about 5-8 minutes and the timer will appear.
- When the time is up, do a quick release by turning the valve to Venting or pressing the quick release button on newer models. We recommend that you press the button gradually at first to avoid the foam jetting out too quickly (which can happen when you cook starchy foods like pasta).
- Once pressure is released, open the lid. Turn the pot to Sauté mode again on HIGH. Stir in the cream, cream cheese, Parmesan and spinach, until the spinach is wilted. Press Cancel to stop the Sauté.
- Serve while hot!
- Serving Size: 2 cup-fulls
- Calories: 735
- Sugar: 3.1 g
- Sodium: 1685.3 mg
- Fat: 46.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 21.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 48.3 g
- Fiber: 2.4 g
- Protein: 30.9 g
- Cholesterol: 138.7 mg
Keywords: Pasta, Tortellini, Alfredo, Italian Sausage, Instant Pot, Pressure Cooking, Dinner, Budget