Steamed Instant Pot tofu and bok choy with ginger, garlic soy sauce is a healthy and nutritious Japanese-inspired dish that can be served over rice or noodles. It’s vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free and is super easy to make.
- Wash and sliced the bok choy in halves, cut off the ends.
- Slice the tofu into thick slices.
- Dice the ginger and garlic and mix the sauce in a bowl.
- Place half of the bok choy in a round tin or heatproof dish that fits inside your Instant Pot. Layer the tofu pieces on top. Pour two thirds of the sauce on top (we will use the rest at the end). Scatter the scallions and chili over the top.
- Add a cup of water to the Instant Pot. Place the trivet on top. Lower the tin with tofu on top of the triver.
- Add the rest of the bok choy to a steamer basket and stack that on top of the tofu tin.
- Close and lock the lid and set the Instant Pot to Manual/Pressure Cooker, HIGH and change the time to ZERO minutes. After 3 beeps, the Instant Pot will start to build up the pressure and cooking will begin. Mind you, that even though the timer is set to 0, the cookin still happens during the pressure build up but as neither tofu nor bok choy need much cooking, the cooking time is set to a minimum.
- Use quick release to let off the pressure and open the lid, Remove the steamer basket and the tofu and transer to a serving plate together with all the sauce. Pour the rest of the fresh sauce over the tofu and serve.
We served this dish with our turmeric rice, which takes 10 minutes to make in the Instant Pot. You can do this first while preparing the tofu dish ingredients. Transfer rice to a bowl to keep warm, wash the pot roughly and re-used it again for the tofu. The whole meal will take about 30 mintues this way.
Keywords: Steaming, Japanese, Vegan, Healthy