This gluten-free and vegan Instant Pot Thai soup with corn, zucchini and coconut is light, healthy and delicious and takes no time at all.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 tablespoon diced, ginger
3 garlic cloves, diced
1/2 teaspoon salt
2.5 cups diced zucchini (1.5 large zucchini, diced – 2–3 cups)
1.5 cups sweet corn (2 corns (fresh or frozen) – 1.5 cups)
2 teaspoons curry powder
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
500 ml vegetable stock
1 cup coconut cream (it’s the thickened part of coconut milk)
2 tablespoons lemon juice or lime juice
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
Fried shallots (optional)
- Turn the Instant Pot on and press the Saute function key. Once heated, add olive oil, onions, ginger and garlic to the pot and stir for 30-60 seconds.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except for finishing ones) and stir through. Please note that the vegetables will also give out some liquid into the soup. Press Cancel to stop the Saute function.
- Pop the lid on top and lock, making sure the top valve is pointing to Sealing. Press Manuaa/Pressure Cook and set to 1 minute at HIGH pressure. The Instant Pot will take 5-8 minutes to come to pressure and then the timer will begin.
- Once the timer is done, use the quick release method to let the pressure out. Point the top valve to Venting and waiting until the steam is out and you can open the lid.
- To finish the soup, add the lemon or lime juice, coconut cream and cilantro and stir through. Serve with extra chili, cilantro and fried shallots of extra crunch.
- As you can imagine, you can add a variety of veggies to the soup so choose whatever is in season. Diced carrots, pumpkin, broccoli, green beans, eggplant and peppers would all work in this soup.
- The recipe makes 3-4 portions, depending on what else you’re serving. To make this into a more satiating meal, you can add noodles, a protein of choice (tofu, tempeh, chickpeas) or rice crackers on the side.
- Stovetop: Saute the aromatics and add the rest of the ingredients and stir through. Bring to a boil, then turn down to simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Finish with lemon juice, coconut cream and cilantro.
- Serving Size: 1.5 cups with garnishes
- Calories: 344
- Sugar: 8.9 g
- Sodium: 810.4 mg
- Fat: 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 22.8 g
- Fiber: 3.3 g
- Protein: 4.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg