This simple and speedy meal of Instant Pot teriyaki salmon cooked over frozen peas is one easy protein-rich dish. Serve over rice or veggies!
- 1 cup frozen peas (can be replaced with frozen green beans, frozen broccoli, carrots etc)
- 4 small salmon fillets (or 2 larger ones, that can be done whole or cut in halves)
- 2 slices of ginger, cut into thin strips or diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced thinly
- 1/2 long red chili, sliced thinly
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup of teriyaki sauce (we like this brand)
Egg Fried Rice
- Add a cup of water to the Instant Pot’s inner pot and place a trivet inside. Add the peas to a round cake tin or heatproof dish that can fit inside the inner pot of the IP. Place the salmon fillets over the top. Sprinkle the fillets and peas with a pinch of salt, and the ginger, garlic and chili slices. Drizzle the teriyaki sauce over the fillets evenly; don’t worry if it spills over the peas, as that will still be our sauce when serving the dish.
- Place and lock the lead of the Instant Pot. Press Steam function key and adjust the timer to 3 minutes. After 3 beeps the Instant Pot will get to work. As soon as the timer goes off, use the quick release method to let out the pressure (simply point the steam valve on top of the lid to Venting to let off the steam). Open the lid and carefully pull out the cake tin with the salmon peas and place on a plate. Serve the salmon fillets over rice with peas and the sauce from the tin poured over the top.
- To make the egg fried rice. Place a large frying pan over medium-high heat on the stove. Add the olive oil and garlic and stir through for 20 seconds. Once it starts getting fragrant, add the pre-cooked rice from the packets and work quickly to break it apart with a spatula, stirring through the garlic and olive oil. Keep stirring it, separating the rice kernels along the way. Add a couple of tablespoons of water to the rice to steam it through as well. After about 2 minutes, spread the rice in the middle of the pan, making a little well. Crack the egg and add it to the middle of the pan, in between the rice. Scramble it with a spatula until almost cooked through, and then fold in the rice and stir through until the cooked egg is well incorporated. Season with a little salt and pepper and remove from heat.
Keywords: Teriyaki Salmon Peas Ginger Garlic Chili Egg Fried Rice