This kid-friendly, super healthy Instant Pot recipe for chicken and sweet potatoes is a definite keeper. It’s super easy to make with a few basic ingredients.
- 1 pound / 500 g boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 medium sweet potato, chopped
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons ghee or butter if you can tolerate it
- ½ medium lemon, juiced
- Drizzle your cooking oil into the Instant Pot bowl and press the Sauté button. Let the oil heat up for about two minutes.
- Place the chicken in the pot and use a wooden spoon or spatula to move it around. Add the thyme, garlic powder, cinnamon, and salt. Let the chicken cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally so it cooks on all sides.
- Add the broth and use a wooden spoon to scrape off any pieces of chicken that have stuck to the bottom of the pot.
- Add the chopped sweet potatoes and tomatoes and stir to combine.
- Cancel the Sauté button and lock on the lid. Set the cooking time to 10 minutes on high pressure.
- When the cooking time is up, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure. Remove the lid and stir in the ghee/butter and fresh lemon juice.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator in a tightly-sealed container for up to 4 days. This dish will keep up to several months in the freezer.
You need 10 minutes prep, 10 minutes time to pressure, 10 minutes cooking time; 10 minutes natural release, 40 minutes total for this recipe.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 288
- Sugar: 3.5 g
- Sodium: 238.6 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.3 g
- Fiber: 1.9 g
- Protein: 30.3 g
- Cholesterol: 106.5 mg