This gorgeous savory paleo recipe for Instant Pot Swedish meatballs is by Andrea Wyckoff of Forest & Fauna and is one of our favourites from The Paleo AIP Instant Pot Cookbook. It’s AIP, paleo and gluten-free friendly.
- 1 lb / 450 g ground beef
- 1 lb / 450 g ground pork
- ¼ cup minced fresh parsley (divided)
- 2 tablespoons dried chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- ½ teaspoon ground mace
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (button or crimini)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- ½ cup bone broth (or coconut milk, or water)
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- In a bowl, mix together ground beef, pork, 3 tablespoons minced parsley, dried onion, sage, mace, and salt. Once thoroughly mixed, form into meatballs about 1-inch in diameter.
- Place mushrooms, onion, broth/coconut milk/water, and coconut aminos into the Instant Pot. Add the meatballs.
- Close and lock the lid. Press the MEAT/STEW button and set cooking time to 35 minutes. Once the time is up, quick release the pressure.
- Using a slotted spoon gently remove meatballs and transfer to a serving platter.
- Using an immersion blender or a high-speed blender, purée the cooked mushrooms, onions, and
- broth into a nice creamy gravy. If the gravy is too thick, add a little more bone broth/coconut
- milk/water until the right consistency is reached.
- Pour gravy over meatballs and garnish with remaining tablespoon of minced parsley. This dish makes a wonderful appetizer as is, or main course when served over spaghetti squash,
- cauliflower rice, sautéed veggies, or warmed zucchini noodles.
Keywords: Swedish Meatballs Mushrooms Gravy AIP Paleo Parsley Sage Onions Ground Beef Pork