Steaming Instant Pot vegetables to just perfect is easy and quick. We opted for carrots and Brussels sprouts and prepared simple butter sauce with garlic, capers and parlsey, which coats the veggies with zesty, bold flavors.
2 large carrots, peeled and sliced thick
0.7 lb / around 300 g Brussels sprouts, halved
Sea salt and pepper
1 cup of water
For the butter sauce
1 oz / 30 g good quality salted butter (if using unsalted, add a little more salt)
1 tablespoon baby capers
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
2 cloves garlic, finely diced
Peel of 1 small lemon
2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Add a cup of water to the pot.
- Place the vegetables inside the steam basket or the ovenproof dish and place inside the pot. Season vegetables with a generous pinch of sea salt and pepper.
- Place and lock the lid, make sure the steaming is pointing to sealed. Press Manual, HIGH Pressure and set to ZERO (0) minutes. Don’t worry, the veggies will cook during the build-up of the pressure. Once the time is up, use the quick release method to let out the rest of the pressure. Open the lid once the pressure valve is all the way down again.
- While the vegetables are cooking, add the sauce ingredients (except for lemon juice) to a small pot and place over medium-high heat. Once the butter has melted, cook for about a minute, stirring frequently to prevent burning. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove the steam basket from the pot (we use tongs to lift it out) and transfer the vegetables to a serving bowl. Drizzle with lemon juice and then spoon the sauce evenly over the top. Serve while hot.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 140
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 576.6 mg
- Fat: 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.8 g
- Fiber: 5.7 g
- Protein: 4.4 g
- Cholesterol: 20.3 mg
Keywords: Mediterranean, Carrots, Brussel Sprouts, Healthy