Super easy, delicious Instant Pot shrimp in tomato, garlic and chili sauce. Cooked from frozen shrimp, this dish only takes about 15 minutes and can be served over rice, pasta, noodles, or grain-free, low-carb alternatives. This dish is low in calories, high in protein and antioxidants.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, diced finely
1 celery stick, diced
1 small carrot, diced
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 cloves garlic, finely diced
1/2 tsp chili flakes or powder (you can dice some fresh chili)
0.8 lb / 400 g frozen raw shrimp (you can add more, there will be enough sauce)
1 cup tomato passata or tinned chopped tomatoes
Garnish with fresh parsley
- Turn the Instant Pot on and press the Saute function key.
- Add the olive oil, onions, carrots and celery and season with salt. Cook for 3-4 minutes to soften.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, stir through and press Cancel to stop the Sauteeing process.
- Pop the lid on top, lock and make sure the top valve is pointing to Sealing. Set the Instant Pot to Manual/Pressure Cook, HIGH for 1 minute. After 3 beeps the IP will start to build up the pressure and the timer will commence (this will take about 5 minutes).
- Once the timer stops, allow 4-5 minutes for natural pressure release (less is fine but not more than that). The point the top valve to Venting for quick release of the pressure. Open and stir.
- Serve with fresh parsley or another herb of choice as a garnish.
We used frozen large shrimp (king prawns or jumbo).
Weight Watchers: 4 SmartPoints per serving. More Weight Watchers IP recipes here.
- Serving Size: 3-4 oz shrimp with sauce
- Calories: 164
- Sugar: 3.5 g
- Sodium: 944 mg
- Fat: 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.2 g
- Fiber: 2.2 g
- Protein: 14.8 g
- Cholesterol: 126 mg
Keywords: Gluten-free, Whole30, Paleo, Low-Calorie, Low-Carb