This Indian, Goan-style Instant Pot shrimp curry is very simple to prepare and is delicious eaten with rice, naan or vegetables. This is a milder version of a traditional Goan curry.
- 1⁄2–1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon red paprika powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger grated
- 2 tablespoons coriander seed powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons tamarind paste, or to taste (use lemon juice to taste as a substitute)
- 1 pound / 450-500 g medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup coconut milk from a well-stirred can
- Put the chili powder, paprika, turmeric, garlic, ginger, coriander, and cumin in a bowl. Slowly add 1 cup of water, mixing as you go. Pour this mixture into the inner pot of your Instant Pot. Close and seal the lid.
- Cook at LOW PRESSURE for 5 minutes and let the pressure drop by itself for 10 minutes. Release the remaining pressure manually. Open the lid, venting the remaining steam away from you.
- Add the salt and tamarind or lemon juice to the sauce, balancing the flavors to your taste. The sauce will seem a bit rough at this stage. Select the SAUTÉ setting set to Normal. Add the shrimp and the coconut milk. Stir gently and cook until all the shrimp have turned opaque. Taste the sauce again for balance of flavors.
Keywords: Prawns, Curry