This quick and easy Instant Pot risotto is perfect for a weeknight dinner on the budget. Made with frozen peas, celery and Parmesan, it’s totally delicious and budget-friendly. Gluten-free!
- About 25 grams / 2 tablespoons butter (or 3 tablespoons olive oil)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 celery sticks, diced into small cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (I used white pepper)
- 1 cup arborio rice (special risotto rice that is extra starchy)
- 1 cup frozen green baby peas
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely diced
- Zest of 1/2 lemon (optional but nice)
- 2 cups vegetable stock (or chicken if you like, I used 1 vegetable stock cube and 2 cups water)
- 1 oz / 30 g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Press the Sauté key on the Instant Pot (it should say Normal, 30 mins). Add the butter (or olive oil), onions, celery, salt and pepper and sauté for 4-5 minutes, stirring a few times.
- Add the rice, peas, garlic, stock and lemon zest and stir through. Press Keep Warm/Cancel key on the Instant Pot to stop the Sauté function. Make sure to scrape any rice kernels or vegetables off the inner pot walls.
- Place and lock the lid, making sure the steam releasing handle is pointing to Sealing. Press Manual, High pressure and set to 5 minutes. After 3 beeps the pressure cooker will start going.
- Once the timer goes off, allow the pressure to release for 4-5 minutes and then, carefully, use the quick release method to release the rest of the steam and pressure.
- Open the lid and stir in the Parmesan cheese and drizzle with lemon juice. Serve while hot with a side salad or veggies.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 555
- Sugar: 7.5 g
- Sodium: 1012.4 mg
- Fat: 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 98.5 g
- Fiber: 5.2 g
- Protein: 17.1 g
- Cholesterol: 27.6 mg
Keywords: Budget-Friendly, Rice