The creamy, cheesy Instant Pot Ranch Potatoes recipe makes for the perfect side dish on any dinner table. This recipe is comforting, easy and delicious. Perfect for holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter or any potluck gathering.
- 4 rashers of bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅔ cup water
- 1.3 kg / 3 lb small red potatoes, unpeeled and cut into quarters
- 1 vegetable stock cube (or use ⅔ cup ready-made vegetable stock)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Ranch dressing
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 – 1.5 cups shredded cheese like Cheddar or mixed
- ⅓ cup chopped chives or green onions
- Turn the Instant Pot on Saute using Normal or More mode. Add the olive oil and diced bacon and cook for 3-4 minutes, until crispy. Stir a few times.
- Remove the bacon to a bowl. Pour in the water and scrape the bottom of the pot to remove any stuck bits (this is known as ‘deglazing’. Press Cancel to stop the Saute.
- Add the potatoes, stock cube or stock powder and salt and stir through.
- Secure the lid and move the pressure release valve to the Sealing position. Press Manual or Pressure Cook; cook at HIGH pressure for 5 minutes. Please note the pressure will take about 5 minutes to come to pressure first.
- When cooking is complete, use the quick release. Leave the Instant Pot on Keep Warm setting.
- Strain any leftover cooking liquid and return the potatoes to the pot. You can leave about ¼ cup of the liquid to mix with the dressing for more saucy potatoes.
- Add the ranch dressing, sour cream, garlic, onion powder, paprika, and pepper. Add the pre-cooked bacon and half of the chives/onions (you can save a few bits for garnish after). Stir everything through and taste for salt. Season with more salt if needed.
- The final step is to melt the cheese over the top. For those with no oven, leave the potatoes on Keep Warm setting. Sprinkle the cheese over and pop a regular glass lid on top. Leave for 5 minutes for the cheese to melt into the potatoes using the internal Keep Warm heat. Or, Transfer the potatoes to a casserole/baking dish. Top with the cheese and pop under the grill/broil for 5 minutes for the cheese to melt and brown.
- Finish the dish by sprinkling the remaining bacon and chives over the top.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 335
- Sugar: 3.3 g
- Sodium: 577.8 mg
- Fat: 21.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 27.6 g
- Fiber: 2.8 g
- Protein: 9.5 g
- Cholesterol: 33.5 mg
Keywords: Side Dishes, Potato Recipes, Instant Pot Potato Recipes, Instant Pot Sides, Potluck Recipes, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Ranch Dressing, Baked Potatoes, Casseroles