Simple and delicious Instant Pot ramen noodles with chicken and miso broth are perfect for a quick lunch or dinner meal that both kids and grown-ups will love. Inspired by the Japanese miso ramen, this noodle soup is topped with Asian greens, sweet corn and a boiled egg.
FOR COOKING CHICKEN BROTH
5.5 cups chicken stock
2 chicken breasts, sliced in 2 halves
2 large cloves garlic, smashed
Thumb-size piece of ginger, sliced
2 scallions, chopped
FOR FINISHING NOODLES
2–4 eggs (you can use 1 or 2 halves per serving)
2 tablespoons miso paste (light brown or white miso)
3–4 servings ramen noodles (e.g. 2-minute instant noodles)
2 bok choy/pak choi, leaves separated or other Asian greens (you could also use broccoli or spinach here)
1 can of sweet corn
1 scallion, chopped for garnish
Other garnishes: Nori seaweed, fried shallots, pickles, sliced chili, cilantro, sesame seeds (if you have any of these on hand)
- Cooking the chicken broth. Add chicken stock, cut up chicken breasts, garlic, ginger and scallions to the pot and stir. Secure and lock the lid. make sure the pressure handle is pointing to Sealing on Duo Classic. Select Manual/Pressure Cook and adjust the timer to 5 minutes on HIGH pressure. After a few beeps/seconds, the ON sign will come on indicating the pot is heating up and the pressure is building; pressurizing will take about 7-8 minutes and then the 5-minute timer will begin.
- Once the timer is done, allow the pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes. Then use the quick release method to let off the remaining pressure (press the steam knob down or point to Venting on older models).
- Cook the eggs. In the meantime, bring a small saucepan of water to a boil and add the eggs. Boil for 8 minutes, then strain and allow to cool in cold water. Then peel and set aside.
- Cooking the noodles. Open the lid and remove the chicken to a cutting board. Press the Saute function key and bring the stock to a simmer. Add the miso paste, ramen noodles and Asian greens and cook for 2 minutes or until noodles are ready. Turn the Instant Pot off.
- Assemble the ramen noodle bowls. Shred or slice the chicken into smaller pieces. Add the noodles and broth to each bowl, top with Asian greens on one side, shredded or sliced chicken on the other, some sweet corn and finally sprinkle with scallions. Slice the cooked eggs in halves and add each on top. You can drizzle the top of each egg with some soy sauce (serve soy sauce on the side as well). Add other garnishes on top if you like.
Pressurizing: 8 minutes | Cooking at HIGH pressure: 5 minutes | Release: 5 minutes natural release, then quick release the remaining pressure | Cooking on Saute: 2-3 minutes depending on ramen noodles
- Serving Size: A bowl of noodle soup with chicken, greens, corn + 1 egg
- Calories: 484
- Sugar: 8.5 g
- Sodium: 888.7 mg
- Fat: 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 37.6 g
- Fiber: 2.2 g
- Protein: 50.3 g
- Cholesterol: 295.2 mg
Keywords: Instant Pot, Pressure Cooking, Miso, Chicken, Noodles, Ramen, Soup