Creamy and delicious Instant Pot quinoa with broccoli and melted cheddar cheese is a nutritious vegetarian and gluten-free meal. Serve as is or with a side salad. This can also be a side dish with extra protein.
- Wash the quinoa in cold water and strain. Set aside.
- Cut the broccoli into florets and set aside.
- Add the quinoa, water, half a teaspoon of salt and a little pepper in the inner pot. If using vegetable stock, add the salt once the quinoa is cooked. Mix and place the broccoli on top.
- Select PRESSURE COOK/MANUAL for 1 minute on HIGH. After 3 beeps, the Instant Pot will start to build up the pressure (the cooking process starts now). Once the timer stops, quick release the pressure.
- Open the lid carefully. Top with the cheese, then close the lid and wait for 5 minutes, till the cheese has melted. Give it a mix .
- Top with more cheese, freshly cracked pepper and serve immediately.
If you like your broccoli el dente: Add the broccoli before the cheese, let the Instant Pot go into Keep Warm for 5-10 minutes.