Creamy and delicious Instant Pot quinoa with broccoli and melted cheddar cheese is a nutritious vegetarian and gluten-free meal. Serve as is or with a side salad. This can also be a side dish with extra protein.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1–2 cups broccoli florets (as much as you prefer)
- 1 cup water or broth (you can use vegetable stock)
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: you can add a dollop of butter or a little olive oil and a drizzle of lemon juice.
- Wash the quinoa in cold water and strain. Set aside.
- Cut the broccoli into florets and set aside.
- Add the quinoa, water, half a teaspoon of salt and a little pepper in the inner pot. If using vegetable stock, add the salt once the quinoa is cooked. Mix and place the broccoli on top.
- Select PRESSURE COOK/MANUAL for 1 minute on HIGH. After 3 beeps, the Instant Pot will start to build up the pressure (the cooking process starts now). Once the timer stops, quick release the pressure.
- Open the lid carefully. Top with the cheese, then close the lid and wait for 5 minutes, till the cheese has melted. Give it a mix .
- Top with more cheese, freshly cracked pepper and serve immediately.
If you like your broccoli el dente: Add the broccoli before the cheese, let the Instant Pot go into Keep Warm for 5-10 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 cup of cooked quinoa dish with 1 tbsp grated cheese on top
- Calories: 480
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 846.1 mg
- Fat: 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 7.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 58.4 g
- Fiber: 7.2 g
- Protein: 22.2 g
- Cholesterol: 37.3 mg