This gorgeous Instant Pot quinoa dish is perfect for a lazy, nutritious dinner. Made with garlic mushrooms and cherry tomatoes, it’s vegan, gluten-free and can be served as a main or a side dish.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, sliced into circles or diced
- 2 heaped cups of sliced button mushrooms (about 15 medium button mushrooms)
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- A pinch of ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 cup quinoa (we used a mix of red and white fair-trade quinoa)
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 8–10 cherry tomatoes (you can slice a whole tomato as well)
- Chopped spring onions or parsley, for garnish
- Press the Sauté key on the Instant Pot (it should say Normal, 30 mins). Add olive oil and let it heat up slightly while you finish preparing the ingredients. If using stock cubes, set a kettle to boil
- Add the onion and carrot and cook for 2 minutes, stirring through a couple of times. Then add the mushrooms and cook together for 3-4 minutes, stirring a couple of times as well.
- Add lemon zest, juice, pepper, sale and garlic and stir through. Add the quinoa, stir through and pour in the stock. Stir everything together and press Keep Warm/Cancel button to stop the cooking process.
- Stir the quinoa with the stock and scrape any quinoa seeds from the side of the pot. Add cherry tomatoes over the top. Place and lock the lid, make sure the steam releasing handle is pointing to Sealing. Press Manual, High Pressure, 10 minutes. After 3 beeps, the pressure cooker will start going.
- Once the timer goes off, use the quick release method to let off the pressure before opening the lid.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs or chopped spring onion and serve with a salad or a side of cooked greens.
Cooking time below include the pressurizing of the Instant Pot