- 1 + 1/2 cups uncooked quinoa (whatever colour your like)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 10 medium button mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 long red chili, finely diced
- Pinch of salt
- 2 medium bell peppers (red and green), roughly sliced or diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated or finely diced
- 2 tablespoons raw brown miso paste
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or Tamari sauce (for gluten-free)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 + 1/4 cups vegetable stock
- Fresh cilantro or parsley, to serve
- Soak quinoa in cold water and 1/2 teaspoon of salt for 15-20 minutes. Then rinse and strain through a sieve. Set aside.
- Turn on the Instant Pot and press the Sauté function key. Add olive oil to the inner pot, followed by chopped onions, mushrooms, chill and salt. Stir through and cook for 4-5 minutes, until softened.
- Add the quinoa and the rest of the ingredients and stir through. Press Keep Warm/Cancel to step the sautéing.
- Place the lid on top, lock and set to Manual, High Pressure, 7 minutes. You will hear three beeps, which means the pressure cooker is ready to start cooking. The whole cooking process will actually take longer than 7 minutes as the pressure needs to build up first.
- Once the timer goes off, allow 5 minutes of natural release. Use quick release to let out any remaining pressure and steam. Open the lid carefully.
- Stir the quinoa and taste for salt. Add a little more, if needed. We like to serve this dish with a side of vegetables or a salad.
- For a non-vegan version, you can transfer the quinoa into a casserole dish and top with grated cheese, then pop under the grill for 5-7 minutes.