Learn how to make egg and potato salad with the Instant Pot. This summertime salad is great to bring to picnics, cookouts and family get-togethers. It’s gluten-free and vegetarian-friendly.
FOR THE INSTANT POT
1 cup water
1 teaspoon salt
3 pounds baby white potatoes (cut in halves or quarters depending on size, if using larger potatoes, you can peel them and cut them into large cubes)
4 fresh eggs
TO DRESS & FINISH THE SALAD
⅔ cup mayonnaise
⅓ cup sour cream or plain yogurt
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard or Wholegrain mustard (yellow can also be used)
½ teaspoon pepper
2 large pickles, diced finely
½ red onion, finely diced (you could also use ⅓ or ½ cup chopped scallions instead)
1 cup finely diced fresh cucumber or radish (optional but adds nice freshness)
¼ cup chopped dill for garnish
A little paprika to sprinkle on top
- Add the water and salt and potatoes to the bottom of the pot. Place uncooked eggs on top of the potatoes.
- Secure and lock the lid. Make sure the pressure handle is pointing to Sealing on Duo Classic. Select Manual/Pressure Cook and adjust the timer to 4 minutes on HIGH pressure. After a few beeps/seconds, the ON sign will come on indicating the pot is heating up and the pressure is building; pressurizing will take about 8-9 minutes and then the 4-minute timer will begin.
- Once the timer is done, use the quick release method to let off the remaining pressure (press the steam knob down or point to Venting on older models). Open the lid and remove the eggs, place them in cold water to cool off. Strain the potatoes and allow to cool in the sieve or in a salad bowl for 10-15 minutes.
- In the meantime, dice other ingredients and prepare the dressing. Peel the eggs and dice them into cubes. Reserve one egg to slice into circles to garnish the top of the salad.
- Add the diced pickles, red onions, cucumber, mayonnaise, mustard, sour cream/yogurt and pepper to the potatoes and stir through. Taste to see if you need to add any salt. Add the diced eggs and combine.
- Serve in a large serving bowl with a few sliced egg circles on top and you can sprinkle with dill, or some paprika or chives. You can also put a few thinly sliced pickles or cucumbers/radish on top.
Keywords: Potato salad, eggs, potatoes, Instant Pot, gluten-free, salad, summer