Instant Pot rice noodles with sticky maple, ginger and chili sauce are healthy and delicious and can be served as they are or with a side of protein and veggies. Vegan and gluten-free friendly recipe.
1 x 8 oz package rice noodles of choice (these brown rice noodles in this recipe)
4 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon Sriracha (or hot sauce of choice)
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (or 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (or 1 fresh garlic clove, chopped)
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 cups of water
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Turn the Instant Pot on and add all of the ingredients inside. Stir well.
- Close the lid (make sure the vent is pointing to Sealing). Set to Manual, High pressure, for 3 minutes. After 3 beeps, the Instant Pot will start building the pressure and cooking will begin. For white rice noodles, reduce the time to 2 minutes. Once the timer goes off, use the quick release to let out the pressure.
- Give it a toss and serve on its own (it’s great as is!) or alongside vegetables, tofu, a protein of choice, etc.
Optionally drizzle with sriracha or coconut aminos (or Tamari soy sauce) for an extra flavour kick.
- You can use honey or a sugar-free liquid sweetener in place of maple syrup.
- Brown rice noodles will result in firmer ‘al-dente’ noodles. White rice noodles will be slightly soft.
- These noodles store well in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to one week. To reheat, place into the pressure cooker with 1 teaspoon coconut oil and press the saute button. Saute while stirring constantly until warmed throughout. Alternatively, you can heat in a saucepan over medium heat with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil, stirring until warm.