This Bacon Barbecue Instant Pot Meatloaf takes a humble family dish and elevates it to something truly delicious and memorable that you will want to make again and again.
1¼ lb (570 g) ground beef
¾ cup (45 g) panko breadcrumbs
½ cup (125 ml) milk
½ cup (30 g) shredded Parmesan cheese
1 tsp kosher salt
½ tsp freshly ground pepper
1 tsp dried oregano
½ tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
½ cup (60 g) minced red onion
4 slices bacon
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, egg, breadcrumbs, milk, Parmesan, salt, pepper, oregano, chili powder, garlic powder, and onion. Thoroughly mix the ingredients with your hands, then form the mixture into a loaf. Place the meatloaf in a 7-inch (18-cm) springform pan (see Note). Lay the strips of bacon across the top of the meatloaf, then tuck the ends underneath.
- For the barbecue sauce, stir together the ketchup, molasses, garlic powder, oregano, salt, thyme, cayenne pepper, and onion in a liquid measuring cup. Pour ½ cup (125 ml) of the sauce on top of the meatloaf. Cover the springform pan with a piece of foil so that it loosely tents over the top of the meatloaf.
- Pour 1 cup (250 ml) of water into the Instant Pot, set in the trivet, then place the springform pan on the trivet. Place the lid on the Instant Pot, turn the valve to Sealing, and set the cooking time for 35 minutes on high pressure.
- Quick release the pressure when the cooking time is complete. Discard the foil. Transfer the meatloaf to a serving platter, pour 1 cup (250 ml) of barbecue sauce on top of the meatloaf, and place the meatloaf under the broiler until the sauce is bubbly (about 5 minutes).
- Serve the meatloaf with any remaining barbecue sauce for dipping.
Any 7-inch (18-cm) pan will work for this if the sides are as high as the meatloaf. Alternatively, you can make a sling out of foil to set the meatloaf in if you do not have a pan to use.
Keywords: Bacon, Barbecue, Ground Beef, Dinner