Homemade Instant Pot meatballs in Italian tomato sauce made from scratch. This is a healthy meatball recipe with no added sugar or breadcrumbs. It is gluten-free, paleo and Whole30 friendly.
For the meatballs
- 1.5 lb / 700 g ground beef (beef mince)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt (optional, if not using, add 1/2 tsp regular salt)
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the sauce
- Combine the ground beef with the spices and salt in a bowl and mix through well using clean hands. Roll the mixture into small 2-inch balls and set aside.
- Press the Sauté key on the Instant Pot (it should say Normal, 30 mins). Add the olive oil, onions, chill and salt and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring a few times. Then press Keep Warm/Cancel.
- Add the meatballs, sprinkle with garlic and pour over the tinned tomatoes. Stir through and spread the meatballs evenly in the sauce.
- Place and lock the lid, making sure the steam releasing handle is pointing to Sealing. Press Manual, High pressure and set to 5 minutes. After 3 beeps the pressure cooker will start going.
- Release the pressure naturally, for about 10 minutes, which will finish cooking the meatballs. Follow by a quick release to let out any remaining pressure.
- Serve over spaghetti, rice, sliced baguettes or with a side of cauliflower rice or steamed vegetables for a Whole30/Paleo friendly meal.
Keywords: Italian, Ground Beef, Tomatoes