Beautifully cooked Instant Pot carrots make for a delicious side dish. Coated in some honey soy glaze, these guys go well with other Asian mains or with some rice and chicken or tofu.
- 8 baby carrots (4 larger carrots halved lengthways)
- 1/2 to 1 cup of water
For the honey soy glaze
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped or minced
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or wheat-free Tamari
- 1/2 tablespoon white or black sesame seeds
- Pinch of salt
- Chopped scallions /green onions, to garnish
- Add the carrots and water to the inner pot of the Instant Pot. Close and lock the lid and set the Instant Pot to Manual, LOW pressure and adjust the time to 0 minutes. That’s correct! We basically want the pressure to build up and then stop, as that’s enough time to cook the carrots. After 3 beeps, the IP will start to build up the pressure.
- Once the timer goes off, allow 3-4 minutes for the pressure to release naturally and then use the quick release method to let off the remaining pressure. Simply turn the steam valve on the lid to Venting and let the steam out (be careful when you do this). Remove the carrots and discard of the water.
- Place the inner pot back inside the Instant Pot and press the Sauté function key. Add the honey soy glaze ingredients (except for the scallions) to the pot and stir for a minute until it starts to get sticky. Add the carrots back in and stir through the sauce until well coated. Press Cancel/Keep Warm to stop the Sauté, and serve with chopped scallions on top.