Rustic, countru-style Instant Pot ground turkey and potato stew is super simple to prepare and only takes 30 minutes from start to finish. Perfect for a weeknight dinner, kid-friendly.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, diced
1 medium carrot, diced roughly
1 celery rib, diced
1.1 lb / 500 g ground turkey
2 garlic cloves, roughly diced
1.1 lb / 500 g white potatoes, peeled and diced
1 teaspoon rosemary needles (2 sprigs or dried)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 large tomato, diced
1 cup chicken stock
- Turn the Instant Pot on and press the Saute function key to heat up.
- Saute the onions, carrots and celery in olive oil for 3-4 minutes. Add the ground turkey and stir through for a minute. Add the garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper and stir.
- Add the chicken stock and stir through with a spatula, making sure to scrape off any stuck meat from the bottom of the pot. The stock helps to deglaze the bottom. Press Cancel to stop the Saute process.
- Add the potatoes and tomatoes, stir through and pop the lid on top. Lock and make sure the top valve is set to Sealing. Set to Manual/Pressure, HIGH pressure and set to 4 minutes. The Instant Pot will start to build up the pressure after 3 beeps, this will take about 10 minutes.
- Once the timer is done, allow 5 minutes for natural pressure release (NPR) and then open the lid.
- Stir through and serve with fresh parsley on top.
- Weight Watchers SmartPoints 10 (Green). You can choose slightly leaner ground turkey for lower point result.
- White potatoes can be swapped with sweet potatoes.