This is a fusion meal of sausages cooked in a creamy, curry-spiced tomato broth inspired by both German and Indian cuisines. It’s particularly popular in Australia. Our recipe for Instant Pot curried sausages is so quick and easy, that it will be become a favourite meal to make on a busy weeknight.
- 8–10 pork sausages links (or 6–8 thicker sausages)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic,diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 60 g / 2 oz French green beans (snap beans), tails cut off and halved
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 + 1/2 tablespoons mild curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 + 1/4 cup tinned tomatoes
- 1/2 cup regular heavy cream (or coconut milk for a dairy-free version)
- Add all ingredients in the inner pot and mix through.
- Set the Instant Pot to Manual, High for 6 minutes. After three beeps the Instant Pot will start to build up the pressure, which will take about 5 minutes or so. Once the 6 minutes are up, allow 7 or so minutes to release the pressure naturally (mind you, this process is still cooking our ingredients). Then use the quick release method to let off the rest of the steam.
- Stir through before serving. You can remove the sausage to a cutting board and slice them into bite size pieces, especially if serving to kids. We recommend a side of rice, pasta or vegetables.
If using thinner sausage, like chipolatas, or if you cut the thicker sausages in half, you can set the timer to 5 minutes instead.