Creamy Instant Pot Garlic Mushroom Pasta is a simple, one-pot vegetarian weeknight dinner that is hearty, flavorful and comforting. You can make this pasta dish on a stovetop and turn it into a vegan version.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 oz / 28 g butter (salted)
1/2 large onion, finely diced
10 oz / 300 g white button mushrooms, sliced (or Cremini or Swiss Brown)
1/4 cup white wine (Sauv Blanc, or equal amount of stock if you need to omit)
3 cloves garlic, finely diced
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 cups (8 oz / 250 g) dry fusilli pasta
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (use soy sauce for a vegetarian option)
2 cups (500 ml) vegetable stock
1/2 cup grated Cheddar or Parmesan
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Extra salt and pepper to taste
- Turn the Saute function. Press it multiple times until the display changes to More mode (hotter setting).
- Add the olive oil, butter, and onions. Cook on Saute for 2 minutes, stirring halfway. Then add the mushrooms and stir through. Cook for 5-6 minutes until both are slightly golden and softened.
- Pour in the wine (if using), add garlic and pepper, Worcestershire sauce and stir through. Press Cancel to stop the Saute function.
- Now, add the pasta and pour in the vegetable stock. Stir everything through making sure to submerge most of the pasta in the stock.
- Secure and lock the lid. Set to Pressure Cooke for 4 minutes on High Pressure. It will take about 6-7 minutes for the pressure to build up.
- Once the timer is done, manually quick release the pressure. Open the lid and stir the pasta. Most of the liquid would have been absorbed but there will still be some on the bottom that will incorporate into the sauce.
- Add the cheese, sour cream and most of the parsley. Stir through and cover the Instant Pot with a regular lid. Let it stand for 2-3 minutes, during which the sauce will thicken and some will absorb into the pasta. Taste for salt and add more if you wish too but it should be well seasoned from the stock and the cheese.
- Serve with extra parsley and pepper on top.
See FAQs below for extra info.
- Serving Size: 1.5 cups of cooked pasta with sauce
- Calories: 513
- Sugar: 6.5 g
- Sodium: 443.8 mg
- Fat: 25 g
- Carbohydrates: 56.3 g
- Fiber: 3.3 g
- Protein: 15.4 g
- Cholesterol: 48.3 mg
Keywords: Instant Pot creamy pasta, creamy mushroom pasta, mushrooms, pasta, fusilli pasta, pressure cooking, pasta recipes, Instant Pot pasta recipes, Instant Pot Mushroom pasta