Delicious, creamy and easy Instant Pot creamed corn made from scratch. This sweet and savory classic Southern side dish is perfect for the holidays and is particularly good with barbecue foods. You will never buy canned creamed corn again!
32 oz / 900 g frozen corn
8 oz cream cheese
3 oz / 85 g butter
2/3 cup milk
1/3 cup water
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar (optional, if using regular corn instead of sweet)
1/4 tsp chili or cayenne pepper
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese (optional)
Garnishes: Parsley, paprika, green onions
- Add milk and water to the Instant Pot.
- Add frozen corn, all seasonings and top with cubed butter and cream cheese. Use a spatula to stir the corn through very roughly.
- Secure and lock the lid. Set to Pressure Cook for 5 minutes on a HIGH setting. The Instant Pot will take about 10-12 minutes to come to pressure (this is for frozen corn as it takes longer than canned or fresh). Once the timer is done, use the quick release to let off the pressure manually.
- Open the lid, add the cheese and stir through the corn.
- Scoop a cup of the corn and the sauce and add to a bowl or a jug. Puree with an immersion stick blender until thick and creamy. You can also use a food processor or a blender. Return creamy puree to the Instant Pot and stir through the corn.
- Serve sprinkled with pepper, paprika and parsley or green onions.
- Lighten it up: Use low-fat cream cheese and skim/light milk to make a lower-calorie version of this recipe.
- You can use frozen, canned or fresh corn here.
- Serving Size: 1/2 to 2/3 cup (made with no added sugar)
- Calories: 286
- Sugar: 8.2 g
- Sodium: 409.8 mg
- Fat: 20.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.8 g
- Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 7.3 g
- Cholesterol: 54.8 mg
Keywords: Corn recipes, pressure cooker recipes, creamed corn recipes, side dishes