Perfect for families and big groups, this Instant Pot corn on the cob recipe comes with a spectacular flavor twist. Smothered in Cajun butter and lime juice, sweet corn takes on a whole new meaning.
- 6 medium cobs of fresh corn (husk peeled)
- 1 cup of water
- 1.5 oz / 50 grams / 3.5 tbsp of unsalted butter (salted is also fine but adjust the added salt)
- 1 large garlic clove, finely diced
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoon of paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder or cayenne powder
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano or thyme (mixed is even better)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Generous pinch of pepper
- 1 lime, quartered
- Fresh cilantro/coriander, to serve
- Cut the corn cobs in half and place in the pressure cooker pot, standing up. This way, you can fit more corn in the pot, without overcrowding. This also leaves more space between the corn for the steam to get in.
- Add a cup of water to the pot. Place and lock the lid, make sure the steam releasing handle is pointing to Sealing. Press Manual (High Pressure) and adjust to 2 minutes. After 3 beeps the pressure cooker will start going.
- Once the timer goes off, allow the pressure to release for 2-3 minutes and then use the quick release method before opening the lid.
- Strain the corn into a large sieve and place the pot back inside the pressure cooker. Turn the Sauté function key and after about a minute, once it starts to heat up, add the butter, garlic and spices. Stir for 20-30 seconds for the garlic to cook off slightly. Turn the heat off. Remove the inner pot with the butter and add back the cooked corn cobs. The easiest way to stir the corn cobs through the butter and spices is to place a lid or a large plate over the top of the pot, and then using a towel, lift the pot and give it a good shake, turning it upside down a few times. This way, the corn cobs can move around the pot and get coated with the butter more evenly.
- Serve the corn on a large plate, with any remaining butter and seasoning scooped out and spread over the top. Add fresh lime and cilantro, to serve with.
Keywords: Family-friendly, barbecue, picnic, summer