Nutritious and delicious, these Instant Pot rolled oats with cinnamon, banana and maple syrup are super easy to make with this beginner-friendly pressure cooker recipe. This oatmeal porridge is vegan (use dairy-free butter alternative and maple syrup) and gluten-free friendly (use gf oats).
For the cooking part
2.5 cups old fashioned rolled oats
5 cups water
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
1/4 cup pure maple syrup or honey
2 tablespoons butter
¼ cup cream (optional, only if you want to make it creamier)
2 bananas, sliced thinly or chopped
Extra honey or maple syrup
Extra cinnamon for sprinkling
Optional nuts or seeds, we used pecans
- Add oats, water, maple syrup (or honey), cinnamon and salt to the Instant Pot pressure cooker pot and stir.
- Secure and lock the lid; make sure the pressure handle is pointing to Sealing on Duo Classic. Select Manual/Pressure Cook and adjust the timer to 2 minutes on HIGH pressure. After a few beeps/seconds, the ON sign will come on indicating the pot is heating up and the pressure is building; pressurizing will take about 12 minutes and then the 2-minute timer will begin.
- Once the timer is up, do not release pressure but let it release naturally for about 5-10 minutes and then use the quick release method to let off the remaining pressure/steam. You may also use a full natural release if not in a hurry.
- Open the pot and stir in the butter (or dairy-free alternative). For extra richness, you can also add a little cream.
- Serve with sliced banana on top and extra maple syrup drizzled over.
Pressurizing: 12 minutes | Cooking at pressure: 2 minutes | Release: natural release for 5-10 minutes | Total cooking time: 20 minutes.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 395
- Sugar: 31 g
- Sodium: 151.5 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 74.2 g
- Fiber: 6.9 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 15.3 mg
Keywords: Instant Pot, Pressure Cooker, Oats, Oatmeal, Porridge, Cinnamon, Banana, Vegetarian, Healthy