For a quick comfort meal, try this hearty Instant Pot chicken verde pot pie with easy premade biscuits and rotisserie chicken.
5 tbsp (70 g) unsalted butter, divided
1 cup (128 g) carrots, peeled and diced
1 cup (160 g) white onion, diced
1 cup (101 g) celery, diced
2 1⁄2 tbsp (20 g) all-purpose flour
4 cups (500 g) rotisserie chicken, shredded
3 cups (720 ml) chicken stock
1 (10-oz [283-g]) can green enchilada sauce or salsa verde
1 (16.3-oz [462-g]) can premade biscuits
1 tsp taco seasoning
2 tbsp (16 g) cornstarch mixed with 2 tbsp (30 ml) water 1 (15.5-oz [439-g]) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
Chopped cilantro, for topping (optional)
Crumbled cotija cheese, for topping (optional)
- Turn the Instant Pot and press the Sauté mode. Add 2 tablespoons (28 g) of the butter to melt. When the butter is melted, add the carrots, onion and celery and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir to combine. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the chicken, stock and enchilada sauce and stir to combine.
- Place a high trivet in the pot. Place the canned biscuits in a cake pan that fits inside the Instant Pot insert. Melt the remaining 3 tablespoons (42 g) of butter, and brush it over the top of the biscuits, then season with taco seasoning. Cover with a paper towel and then with foil and place the cake pan on top of the trivet. Seal the lid and turn the valve to the sealing position. Turn the Instant Pot on manual, HIGH pressure for 20 minutes.
- Release the pressure manually by carefully moving the valve to Venting.
- Remove the cake pan and trivet. Add the cornstarch mixture and beans and turn the Instant Pot on to Sauté mode for 3 minutes to thicken. Serve the pot pie with the biscuits and topped with cilantro and cotija cheese, if using.