Learn how to make a comforting and delicious Instant Pot chicken verde pot pie with this family favorite recipe using premade biscuits and rotisserie chicken.
This pressure cooker pot pie recipe is from The No-Shop Instant Pot®: 240 Options for Amazing Meals with Ingredients You Already Have by Meg Dow. Photo credit: Becky Winkler.
We love a good pot pie because it’s quick comfort food in which you can change up the flavors easily. In this recipe, the cookbook author Meg Dow puts a spin on the classic chicken pot pie by turning it into an Instant Pot chicken verde version.
It’s made using super simple ingredients you’re likely to have in your fridge or pantry already like premade biscuits and rotisserie chicken or leftover roast poultry meat. The whole dish is made in the Instant Pot and the stew is thickened right at the end. You might also like these Instant Pot Recipes With Pantry Staples.
In the No-Shop Instant Pot cookbook, you will also find other pot pie takes like the meatless cauliflower pot pie, hearty beef or creamy seafood. It’s a great recipe to try as you can use it as a template for your own Instant Pot pot pie creation
MORE INSTANT POT CHICKEN RECIPES TO TRY
- Instant Pot Chicken Broccoli & Rice Casserole
- Instant Pot Chipotle Chicken Enchiladas (with Video)
- Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta (Step-By-Step)
- Instant Pot Greek Chicken Lemon Soup Avgolemono (with VIDEO)
For a quick comfort meal, try this hearty Instant Pot chicken verde pot pie with easy premade biscuits and rotisserie chicken.
5 tbsp (70 g) unsalted butter, divided
1 cup (128 g) carrots, peeled and diced
1 cup (160 g) white onion, diced
1 cup (101 g) celery, diced
2 1⁄2 tbsp (20 g) all-purpose flour
4 cups (500 g) rotisserie chicken, shredded
3 cups (720 ml) chicken stock
1 (10-oz [283-g]) can green enchilada sauce or salsa verde
1 (16.3-oz [462-g]) can premade biscuits
1 tsp taco seasoning
2 tbsp (16 g) cornstarch mixed with 2 tbsp (30 ml) water 1 (15.5-oz [439-g]) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
Chopped cilantro, for topping (optional)
Crumbled cotija cheese, for topping (optional)
- Turn the Instant Pot and press the Sauté mode. Add 2 tablespoons (28 g) of the butter to melt. When the butter is melted, add the carrots, onion and celery and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir to combine. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the chicken, stock and enchilada sauce and stir to combine.
- Place a high trivet in the pot. Place the canned biscuits in a cake pan that fits inside the Instant Pot insert. Melt the remaining 3 tablespoons (42 g) of butter, and brush it over the top of the biscuits, then season with taco seasoning. Cover with a paper towel and then with foil and place the cake pan on top of the trivet. Seal the lid and turn the valve to the sealing position. Turn the Instant Pot on manual, HIGH pressure for 20 minutes.
- Release the pressure manually by carefully moving the valve to Venting.
- Remove the cake pan and trivet. Add the cornstarch mixture and beans and turn the Instant Pot on to Sauté mode for 3 minutes to thicken. Serve the pot pie with the biscuits and topped with cilantro and cotija cheese, if using.
Reprinted with permission from The No-Shop Instant Pot by Meg Dow, Page Street Publishing Co. 2021. Photo credit: Becky Winkler
SAVE THIS INSTANT POT CHICKEN VERDE POT PIE TO PINTEREST