Make this chicken noodle soup in Instant Pot in 30 minutes for a family-friednly, nutritiou dinner. Using long Asian egg noodles, chicken bone broth and thinly diced chicken, this meal takes very little time and can also be made on the stovetop.
- Dice up the vegetables, garlic, ginger and chicken and set aside.
- Turn the Instant Pot on and press the Sauté function. Once heated, add the olive oil, onions, carrot, celery and zucchini. Season with salt. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring a few times until slightly translucent.
- Add garlic and ginger, thyme, bay leaf, turmeric and pepper. Stir through, then add the chicken and stir through. Press Cancel to stop the Sauté function.
- Add the chicken broth and stir through. Pop and lock the lid, making sure the top valve is pointing to Sealing. Press Manual/Pressure Cook, HIGH pressure and set to 5 minutes. The Instant Pot will take about 7-10 minutes to build up the pressure and the timer will begin. Note, the soup will start to cook during the pressure build up.
- While the soup is cooking, prepare fresh herbs, scallions and egg noodles.
- Once the timer goes off, allow a couple of minutes for natural pressure release. Press Cancel, then change the setting to Sauté function again.
- Add the noodles and cook for 4-5 minutes or as long as recommended on the pack. Have a taste to make sure the noodles are cooked.
- Season with more salt if needed and add the lemon or lime juice. Finish the soup by adding the fresh herbs and scallions.
- Stovetop: Repeat the first few steps in a pot over medium heat on the stove. Once the chicken and broth are added, bring to a boil and reduce the heat down to simmer (low-medium). Cook with the lid on for 25-30 minutes. Then bring back to a boil and add the noodles, cook for as long as stated on the pack. To speed up the process, cook the noodles in parallel with the soup in another pot. Then rinse and add to the soup at the end. Top with fresh herbs and lemon juice.
For Weight Watchers: 8 SmartPoints per serving.
We used 350 grams of chicken meat in our video but you can use 450-500 (1 lb), depending on how much protein you want or have on hand. The soup will work with less or more chicken.
To speed up the process, cook the noodles in parallel with the soup in another pot on the stove. Strain and add to the soup at the end.
For ready-made chicken bone broth, we love Kettle & Fire options here. You can get 15% off using a coupon code ‘cravecollective‘ at check out.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 328
- Sugar: 4.7 g
- Sodium: 1825.7 mg
- Fat: 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 37.5 g
- Fiber: 2.8 g
- Protein: 28.6 g
- Cholesterol: 72.7 mg