Savory, delicious Instant pot chicken meatloaf with honey mustard glaze and mashed potatoes, made at the same time in the same pot. That’s what we call a one-pot comfort dinner!
For the chicken loaf
2 lb / 900 g ground chicken meat
1/2 cup chopped onions (1/2 large yellow onion)
2/3 cup finely chopped celery (1 large rib of celery)
1 cup breadcrumbs (such as Panco)
2 teaspoons minced garlic (2 garlic cloves or so)
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Honey Mustard glaze topping
4 tablespoons honey
2.5 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Juice of 1/2 lemon (1.5-2 tablespoons)
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (optional, can be swapped for soy sauce)
2lb / 900-1000 g potatoes, peeled and cut into large cubes
1 cup water
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter
1/4–1/3 cup sour cream or heavy cream
We used a 6-quart Instant pot Duo + a trivet and some foil to make this meal.
- Make the meatloaf mixture. In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients until well combined. Using clean hands is the easiest way to get everything well incorporated but don’t overmix too much.
- Make the glaze. In a small bowl, mix the glaze ingredients and set aside.
- Shape the loaf. Place the meat mixture in the middle of a large piece of foil and shape it into a slightly elongated, tall loaf, making sure the size fits inside the pot.
- Spread the glaze. Fold the edges of the foil up around the chicken loaf and drizzle about a third of the glaze on top. Any drippings will get caught in the foil.
- Prepare the potatoes. Add cut-up potatoes to the bottom of the Instant Pot together with a cup of water and a teaspoon of salt. Place the trivet on top of the potatoes with the handles up. Gently lower the foiled loaf on top of the trivet, no need to cover the top.
- Cook. Pop the lid on top and set the Instant Pot to Pressure Cook on HIGH for 20 minutes with natural pressure release at the end. Pressurizing will take about 10-15 minutes, plus 10-12 minutes for natural release.
- Finish the dish. Once done, carefully remove the foiled loaf onto a plate. Remove the trivet and strain most of the water out. Add butter and sour cream to the pot and mash the potatoes; taste for salt and add more if needed. Remove the foil and serve the chicken meatloaf with the remaining glaze drizzled over the top or onto individual slices once served.
- Pressurizing time: 12-14 minutes | Pressure Cooking: 20 minutes | Natural release: 10-15 minutes
- Store leftover meatloaf for up to 3 days. Enjoy reheated or cold, see above for some suggestions.
- Leftover meatloaf can also be frozen with or without the glaze on top. Cut into individual slices and wrap in foil, then store in a freezer bag. You may need to make extra glaze to freshen it up once defrosted.
- Serving Size: 2 slices of chicken loaf with mashed potatoes
- Calories: 534
- Sugar: 16.1 g
- Sodium: 1124.4 mg
- Fat: 20.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 53.6 g
- Protein: 34.4 g
- Cholesterol: 204.5 mg
Keywords: Meatloaf, Chicken, Ground Chicken, Instant Pot, Pressure Cooking, Dinner, Mashed Potatoes