These Instant Pot chicken meatballs with creamy white alfredo sauce are perfect for a weeknight dinner. Serve with a side of greens or shirataki noodles for a keto and low-carb version or your favourite pasta, rice or crusty bread.
- Combine the meatballs mixture in a bowl and roll the meatballs (somewhere between a walnut and a ping-pong ball size).
- Mix the cooking broth ingredients in the pot and add the meatballs. Stir through to coat. Turn the Instant Pot on and set to Pressure Cook (Manual on older modesl) and set to HIGH for 7 minutes. After 3 beeps, the Insant Pot will start to build the pressure and then the timing will begin.
- Prepare the finishing ingredients. Cut up the chard leaves and pan-fry fover medium-high heat or a minute or two together with butter and garlic. Set aside.
- Once the timer goes off, quick release the pressure. Open the lid and remove the meatballs to a bowl.
- Add the finishing ingredients (cheese, butter, cream, herbs) and set the Instant Pot to Sauté. Once the sauce comes to bubbling, let it cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until the mixture thickens up and reduces by a quarter. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the pot when stirring to get all the melted, sticky cheese into the sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the meatballs and garnish with some more fresh herbs.
- Serve the meatballs with the sauce over sautéed greens, cauliflower rice, broccoli or low-carb noodles.
Nutrition values below are for the meatballs with the sauce and a side of sauteed Swiss chard.
Keywords: meatballs, keto, low-carb