Smothered in the delicious buttery hot sauce, these Instant Pot buffalo chicken wings cook fast and easy from frozen. Suitable to low-carb, gluten-free and keto diets. This is a guest recipe from the cookbook From Freezer To Instant Pot
½ cup red hot sauce, preferably Texas Pete or Frank’s Red Hot
¼ cup chicken broth
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, cut into three or four pieces
2 tablespoons dried Cajun seasoning blend (a gluten-free version, if that’s a concern)
3 pounds not-breaded frozen chicken wings, preferably individually frozen wings (sometimes called “ice glazed”)
For the blue cheese dip
½ cup regular or low-fa mayonnaise
½ cup regular or low-fat sour cream
2 ounces (1/2 cup) crumbled blue cheese
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Stir the hot sauce, broth, butter, and seasoning blend in a 6.quart Instant Pot. Set the wings in the sauce and toss well. Lock the lid onto the pot.
- Set the machine to either Chicken setting or Pressure Cook/Manual (depending on the model) with HIGH pressure for 15 minutes.
- Use the quick-release method to bring the pot’s pressure back to normal. Unlatch the lid and open the cooker. Use tongs to transfer the wings to a large serving platter.
- Whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, blue cheese, onion powder, and pepper in a small bowl until creamy. Serve alongside the hot wings as a dip (perhaps with some of the boiled-down liquid from the machine for a second dip).
- For an 8-quart Instant Pot, you must increase all the ingredients by 50 percent.
- Using a –20° F CHEST FREEZER? There is no difference in cooking times.
- To make these wings crisp (and thus take them over the top): In step 3, use tongs to transfer them from the cooker to a large, lipped baking sheet. Position the oven rack about 4 inches from the broiler and heat the broiler. Broil the wings until crunchy, basting several times with the pot’s juices and turning once, 2–3 minutes.
Keywords: Appetizer Snack Chicken Wings Buffalo Hot Spicey Game Day Football Super Bowl Party Snack Finger-licking